Cruise Documents

Sailwithbars

We are sailing in September and it’s going to be our first time with PG. I’ve heard about these “Cruise Documents” but what exactly are they and when should I expect them to be delivered? We made final payment in June. Also, will the “Cruise Documents” be electronically delivered or mailed to us? Thanks for any info! 

They used to mail them, in a beautiful 6"x9" binder  that was enclosed in a wonderful matching zippered pouch. The cruise documents detailed your itinerary and provided you with pretty much all of the information about the ship, your cruise, deck plans, available excursions at each port, restaurant locations, meal times, etc. It was a very exciting day when it was delivered in the mail. They are now delivering a 2 page e-Doc that shows what cruise you are on and what cabin you are in, plus a 6 page health questionnaire, which not only asks about your Covid Vaccination and any prior Covid infections, but basically your entire health history for the past 5 years. You need to fill this form out 2 days prior to boarding, and if the ship's doctor finds you not healthy enough to cruise, not just a positive test for Covid, but for any medical condition you may have they deem makes you a risk, they can refuse your boarding. It certainly dampens some of the pre cruise excitement, and removes what was a wonderful and professional "Welcome to your cruise" presentation. 

6 hours ago, MrRandal said:

They used to mail them, in a beautiful 6"x9" binder  that was enclosed in a wonderful matching zippered pouch. The cruise documents detailed your itinerary and provided you with pretty much all of the information about the ship, your cruise, deck plans, available excursions at each port, restaurant locations, meal times, etc. It was a very exciting day when it was delivered in the mail. They are now delivering a 2 page e-Doc that shows what cruise you are on and what cabin you are in, plus a 6 page health questionnaire, which not only asks about your Covid Vaccination and any prior Covid infections, but basically your entire health history for the past 5 years. You need to fill this form out 2 days prior to boarding, and if the ship's doctor finds you not healthy enough to cruise, not just a positive test for Covid, but for any medical condition you may have they deem makes you a risk, they can refuse your boarding. It certainly dampens some of the pre cruise excitement, and removes what was a wonderful and professional "Welcome to your cruise" presentation. 

Thanks so much! This was super informative! 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:39 PM, Sailwithbars said:

We are sailing in September and it’s going to be our first time with PG. I’ve heard about these “Cruise Documents” but what exactly are they and when should I expect them to be delivered? We made final payment in June. Also, will the “Cruise Documents” be electronically delivered or mailed to us? Thanks for any info! 

For my upcoming sailing I received e-docs with links to pertinent info and a 14-page "Welcome Aboard."   No mention of luggage tags, so I'm thinking they'll just tag the bags when we check in.  

• 2 weeks later...

I for one am happy they are just sending e-docs. I live on a sailboat (currently in Mexico), and our US address is a "traveling mailbox" that scans any snail mail received and emails it to us. Getting hard copies of mail forwarded to us is a real pain. So this works for me.

Sure I remember the wonderful excitement of receiving all the docs in the mail! But these days we do pretty much everything online anyway. That's progress, I guess! 😉

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You don't have to print them.  Nobody wants to see them.

It's not necessary to print the 14 page cruise document, although it offers a wealth of information, especially if you are a first time cruiser on the PG. However you do need to print the 3 page Covid questionnaire, as well as the very invasive 3 page health questionnaire. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just made our final payment today for our upcoming cruise in Oct. Will PG be emailing the cruise docs or do we get them from our TA? Since PG did away with the Covid testing, is the 3 page health questionnaire still have to be filled out? Thanks