transfer from seatac to vancouver

1 hour ago, rolandandconnie said:

How do I get from Seatac to Vancouver cruise terminal to embark on a HAL cruise/

Easiest and most convenient is to fly. They have multiple flights per day, which take about 1 hr gate to gate. No border delay issues.

Hiring a car, or catching the bus has potential issues with traffic through Seattle and potential border waits. Cross border traffic is increasing, so we are again experiencing lengthy border delays. Depending on the time of day, you may also experience traffic delays from the border to downtown Vancouver.

Unless you are arriving in Seattle a day early, I would fly. If going by road, we can do Seatac in 2.5 hrs, if we time it correctly, but I would allow up to 5 hrs from departure Seatac to arrival Canada Place, if in the middle of the day, especially if it's a weekend.

Ask HAL if they're offering transfers; if it's for next season then Amtrak train should be back to regular service which personally I've always found the least-annoying way to cross the border. But unless you plan some pre-cruise time in Seattle then heading up here afterwards, flying into YVR is obviously the method that involves the fewest moving parts/things to go wrong/independently arranged travel legs.

If it's this year and you're locked into your SEA flight then HAL transfer, QuickShuttle, Amtrak bus (or book directly with Cantrail), Flix, or Greyhound are your land-based transit options that shouldn't break the bank. A one-way car rental, if you can find one, seems to have high minimum rental days this year so frankly buying a flight SEA-YVR might even be cheaper...

Regardless, git'er done ASAP as many of these services are sold out given the lack of options this year!

• Like 1

if you go to the Seattle forum on tripadvisor and look on top right you will see this as a 'top question'.  There is a shuttle from Seatac however it is very long but logistically easy.  Allow about 5 hrs or more

quickshuttle.com

other option is amtrak or flixbus direct bus.  Train is scheduled to start later in september but timing may not work.  if you want to check tripadvisor you can ask on there or read the top questions.  Bolt bus went out of business but flixbus picked up the slack.