On Point Valid for Carnival? 1st hand experience please

wemjam

We have cruised several times this year and have been doing the EMed tests recommended specifically on the Carnival website.  These have run us $69.99 for 2 tests.

I have seen a few people here on CC mention the company ON Point, that allows you to use your own home test and they proctor it on line for only $16.99.  We have several home tests that were given to us by Rite Aid when my husband got his prescriptions this past week.

I am a bit nervous trying something new for our next cruise because it is a family group going of 6 and I would hate to responsible for providing the wrong information about doing it with On Point instead and we all get there and can't board.

So I am wondering how many of you out there have used On Point and boarded Carnival with no issues - and more importantly too, has anyone not been able to board with one of their reports of passing?

PS: I am REALLY hoping this because I mute point by next month / mid month when we cruise and we won't need a test at all.  Holding my breath Carnival follows NCL

Edited by wemjam

OnPoint is fine to use, we've used it several times. It's the same concept as Teledoc/Dr on Demand, that people have been using for many years. It's also the same concept as the EMed tests. You can use any FDA approved test with them, which includes the "free" test from the government. 

• Like 1

it is perfectly valid.  We used it a few weeks ago for our Alaskan cruise.  $15 pp and used the free government tests.  They tested both DH and me at the same time and it took a total of 15 minutes with a pdf of the results coming just a few minutes afterward.  Easy peasy.

1 minute ago, ober134 said:

Following. I too have been wondering about this. I have several free government tests we received in July, however they've already expired 5 weeks later! I wonder if this matters? 

no. most test kits have an automatically 6+ month extension of the expire date. if you go to the test kit manufacture website usually they have a look up tool to show you the new expiration date 

• Like 1