Haven Breakfast Item Question

2boyzmom

Please tell me they still have the Seafood Eggs Benedict on the Haven breakfast menu. I just read a post showing only traditional eggs benedict. I know it sounds trivial but when I talk about getting an upgrade this is all my husband talks about! Do you think they would make it for him as a special request? 

2 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Please tell me they still have the Seafood Eggs Benedict on the Haven breakfast menu. I just read a post showing only traditional eggs benedict. I know it sounds trivial but when I talk about getting an upgrade this is all my husband talks about! Do you think they would make it for him as a special request? 

They get rid of items that don't sell. And try to replace them with items that will resonate with the contemporary cruiser. 

Haven Menu from April 2022

image.png.3329df1ce9aee4114cff21ecc9cff117.png

image.png.e6464c225f9270ffb452ea5778dc38a7.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure what type of seafood benedict you're looking for. I've had crab cake and salmon cake benedict in the past (not on NCL). Anyway, the Haven does have crab cakes on the dinner menu and shrimp on various menus. The night before your husband wants a seafood benedict, just request this with the Haven Restaurant Manager. Shouldn't be an issue at all. 

Now that I'm writing this, pretty sure I'm going to request some crab cake benedict one morning of my cruise. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm not sure what type of seafood benedict you're looking for. I've had crab cake and salmon cake benedict in the past (not on NCL). Anyway, the Haven does have crab cakes on the dinner menu and shrimp on various menus. The night before your husband wants a seafood benedict, just request this with the Haven Restaurant Manager. Shouldn't be an issue at all. 

Now that I'm writing this, pretty sure I'm going to request some crab cake benedict one morning of my cruise. 

This is the breakfast menu we had always had with the seafood benedict.

haven.jpg

26 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

This is the breakfast menu we had always had with the seafood benedict.

haven.jpg

Ahh! Fancy, fancy seafood benedict haha

Well the good news is scallops and lobster are on the Haven menu at different meals, so you should be able to get those if you ask ahead. Not sure about the Choron Sauce though, although I bet the Haven chef can probably whip that up with enough notice too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well the good news is scallops and lobster are on the Haven menu at different meals, so you should be able to get those if you ask ahead. Not sure about the Choron Sauce though, although I bet the Haven chef can probably whip that up with enough notice too. 

Great idea to ask the Manager. Why not right ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Choron is a minor variation of Bearnaise, which I believe is on the Haven dinner menu, and Bearnaise is a variation of Hollandaise, so it seems likely that they could manage that fairly easily one way or another.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

In many respects, the old, pre-pandemic, menus were a lot better. IMHO

Yeah the steak and eggs was a small filet, now the small strip steak isn’t nearly as good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Those sound amazing! We are debating on doing our first NCL cruise and I love seafood, and eggs Benedict, that would have been right up my alley! 

Believe it or not it's the main reason my husband wants to bid on the Haven!

On 8/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, BirdTravels said:

They get rid of items that don't sell. And try to replace them with items that will resonate with the contemporary cruiser. 

Haven Menu from April 2022

image.png.3329df1ce9aee4114cff21ecc9cff117.png

image.png.e6464c225f9270ffb452ea5778dc38a7.png

Damn, no more Huevos Rancheros?  They were so good!

On 8/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, BirdTravels said:

In many respects, the old, pre-pandemic, menus were a lot better. IMHO

On 8/11/2022 at 7:47 PM, 2boyzmom said:

Believe it or not it's the main reason my husband wants to bid on the Haven!

12 hours ago, The Shrike said:

Damn, no more Huevos Rancheros?  They were so good!

So sad. No seafood benedict or huevos ranchos is close to a deal breaker. I guest I have to pack canned lobster in addition to a bottle of maple syrup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At breakfast in the Haven, we have had Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.  The smoked salmon is always on the small buffet in the Haven restaurant at breakfast - near the almond croissants. 😀

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, psac said:

Yeah the steak and eggs was a small filet, now the small strip steak isn’t nearly as good. 

Yep, used to love the filet.  How classy to continue to raise Haven prices and reduce quality.  For the cost of the brochures they keep sending with glitzy everything maybe spend on food and experience.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Yep, used to love the filet.  How classy to continue to raise Haven prices and reduce quality.  For the cost of the brochures they keep sending with glitzy everything maybe spend on food and experience.

You can request a filet the night before be saved for you so that you can have a filet instead of NY Strip with your eggs. 

2 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Our son loved that for breakfast.  Good thing he isn't on next trip.

I really wish I had been able to try the Huevos Rancheros. I love those! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You can request a filet the night before be saved for you so that you can have a filet instead of NY Strip with your eggs. 

I really wish I had been able to try the Huevos Rancheros. I love those! 

Thanks for the tip.

But my question is why not offer the better option off the bat for an exclusive, premium, advertised experience?