Chops grille dress code lunch

slyster

7 minutes ago, slyster said:

Hi we have reservations at chops grille for lunch. Can someone tell Me if dress code for lunch is different than dinner?  Thanks!

As long as you are not walking in from the pool in a bathing suit you will be fine for lunch or dinner. 

• Like 2

Lol. I’m actually at the pool now. I’m going to be heading back to change though. 

I wasn’t sure if shorts and T shirt were ok or not or If lunch dress code is like dinner. 

14 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Also more folks bringing noisy kids to these speciality restaurants so they are not so quiet as one would think

That's one thing DCL does right - no kids in Palo!  Let the adults have a nice quiet meal.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

aw yes that is nice.   DCL does a lot of things well IMHO.  

There are many things I like about DCL, but I still prefer RCCL.  I don't know if it has changed in the last 10 years, but DCL used to be very strict about dress code.  PAlo required men to wear jackets and ladies to wear nice (better than business casual) clothing.  No shorts in the dining rooms, although they would bend that rule on the first night if your luggage was delivered late. 

Honestly, I don't care as much about dress in the dining rooms and restaurants as I do behavior.  What I really hate are loud, boisterous people or parents who let their kids run around the restaurant or plop a tablet on the table playing cartoons at full volume.  Dining used to be an event, now it's more like the playplace at the local McDonald's.  

• Like 1

Just now, rudeney said:

There are many things I like about DCL, but I still prefer RCCL.  I don't know if it has changed in the last 10 years, but DCL used to be very strict about dress code.  PAlo required men to wear jackets and ladies to wear nice (better than business casual) clothing.  No shorts in the dining rooms, although they would bend that rule on the first night if your luggage was delivered late. 

Honestly, I don't care as much about dress in the dining rooms and restaurants as I do behavior.  What I really hate are loud, boisterous people or parents who let their kids run around the restaurant or plop a tablet on the table playing cartoons at full volume.  Dining used to be an event, now it's more like the playplace at the local McDonald's.  

yes I agree which is why I am concerned about the WISH and two out of three rotating restaurants have a show.  I hear the Frozen is the best and the food as well.  It is an original show and not a quickie frozen type.

And I just hate how rude folks are in the theatres too.  I think the kids on DCL are better behaved than on other cruise lines.  It has to do with the kids programs and perhaps the parental upbringing as well.  

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I agree which is why I am concerned about the WISH and two out of three rotating restaurants have a show.  I hear the Frozen is the best and the food as well.  It is an original show and not a quickie frozen type.

And I just hate how rude folks are in the theatres too.  I think the kids on DCL are better behaved than on other cruise lines.  It has to do with the kids programs and perhaps the parental upbringing as well.  

...Oh, and prices command for the clientele, right? RCCL is for pretty much everyone. DCL is a premium line selling at a premium fare, so, generally an upper level individuals going there. Maybe, DCL is at X level, or even above?...

Regarding specialty dinning lunch dress code, as far as you don't come in pool attire you'll be served. I saw lots of folks on Central Park venues on Allure in Europe just dressed like a tourist is nowadays. Shorts and a polo shirt or so. No worries out there.

15 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I agree about kid's behavior on DCL.  We never experienced and issues with that and we also guessed it was because of the programs that keep them busy.  We've not had any major issues with kids on RCCL - just the occasional ones running around and playing in the elevators.  We always cruise in October so there are fewer kids due the school schedules.  I am guessing our next cruise going to CAN/NE will have few kids as I don't think it would be popular with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

...Oh, and prices command for the clientele, right? RCCL is for pretty much everyone. DCL is a premium line selling at a premium fare, so, generally an upper level individuals going there. Maybe, DCL is at X level, or even above?...

I am sure there are poor parenting skills at all income levels.  My theory is that the pricier the experience, the more likely parents will be conscious of their children's behavior.  But also, people with more disposable income may give their children more experience in how to behave as they eat out at nice restaurants more often.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rudeney said:

I am sure there are poor parenting skills at all income levels.  My theory is that the pricier the experience, the more likely parents will be conscious of their children's behavior.  But also, people with more disposable income may give their children more experience in how to behave as they eat out at nice restaurants more often.  

This exactly, because they generally have access to better educational skills from the basis they can pass them to the next generation. While there are the odd ones on every market level, certainly they'll be less intrusive at the upper levels, at least on the subjects we're discussing here. RCCL and DCL are far different products for far different individuals, so, those comparisons aren't really exact. Maybe X with DCL as I stated. Nothing against RCCL obviously, actually Allure is on my favorite cruises to date, but, I understand the product I'm purchasing in. Have a nice day!...

8 hours ago, rudeney said:

thanks you said it nicely.

Probably anything you might think of wearing will be okay. A t-shirt and jeans will be fine at all times. These restaurants cater for a very wide cross-section of society and just about anything goes.

Kids are always fine in my books. Mine when they were young were angels, but then they were used to eating out a couple of times a week for all of their lifetimes and so they had experienced how to behave in the way that less fortunate kids may not have had. I have a fond memory of my six year old asking me on a cruise whether she would enjoy the pheasant and my replying that she should try it and see, and she did.

Cruise ships cater for passengers who are paying $100 a day to $3000 a day and who mix and mingle not knowing who is who. You have to expect a little bit of diversity, not just in terms of income and what that brings, but in every other ways too. And this diversity includes mingling with grumpy people who just don't like kids. This is part of the richness of life and the fun of cruising.

Kids running around a little bit is fine too, but it is very rare to see this. 

Drunken, loud, impolite and unreasonable adults are much more common than kids that are noticeable. I'd take the kids over these obnoxious adults any day. 

Edited by MrYellowDuck