Dropping off luggage in room when embarking???

tweak89

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm Platinum and I accessed my stateroom around 11:15am.  I quickly changed into my swimsuit and sandals and put my clothes that I wore at embarkation into a drawer.  Not smart.  I had informed a room attendant of my stateroom number and that I left my backpack in the closet.  My actual stateroom attendant took my embarkation clothes out of the drawer and put it in a bag to be taken to lost and found.  Fortunately I came back to the room around 1:30 and the clothes were returned.  So lesson learned, if you change clothes put them in your backpack/luggage so the attendant doesn't think they were left by the previous cruiser.  😜

That’s the hard thing. I’m sure there’s several people cleaning and I can easily see how it would be difficult to know what has been left behind and what was just brought in.

So, we are in a suite. Does that mean I can just open the doors and walk right past the signs that day don’t enter? I really don’t mind waiting either, but this is our children’s first cruise and I would love to drop stuff off if I could. 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

That’s the hard thing. I’m sure there’s several people cleaning and I can easily see how it would be difficult to know what has been left behind and what was just brought in.

So, we are in a suite. Does that mean I can just open the doors and walk right past the signs that day don’t enter? I really don’t mind waiting either, but this is our children’s first cruise and I would love to drop stuff off if I could. 

If you are in a suite, just enter through the doors that say not to enter.  Go straight to your room.  Your room should be ready for you, so you don't have to just drop and run.  Your keys should be there waiting for you.  Suites are the only ones who have rooms ready at embarkation.

44 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

If you are in a suite, just enter through the doors that say not to enter.  Go straight to your room.  Your room should be ready for you, so you don't have to just drop and run.  Your keys should be there waiting for you.  Suites are the only ones who have rooms ready at embarkation.

And, in theory, they should tell you all of this when you check-in.

In theory...

So be sure to ask.  I can't find on the Carnival website where it outlines that you can go straight to you cabin.  Grrr, I guess my search-fu is broken today.

19 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

In theory...

So be sure to ask.  I can't find on the Carnival website where it outlines that you can go straight to you cabin.  Grrr, I guess my search-fu is broken today.

We have a suite for our next cruise, and we received the email saying our room will be ready when we embark.👍🏻

17 hours ago, tweak89 said:

Based on your username, what's your favorite prog band?  For me, there can be only one!!  Rush!!  Honorable mention to Yes and early Genesis.

I will say I like lots of bands that wear that "title" of Prog willingly and unwillingly.

Rush is certainly one of my faves, for a multitude of reasons, not just the music.

Porcupine Tree and related acts.

Pink Floyd - of course many aren't sure they "belong" to that category.

And one must define up front what they consider "Prog" - it is music that sounds like the classic 70s Prog artists like Yes, ELP, etc (and only that style)?  And therefore Rush stopped being Prog in about 1979.  Or is it any music that "progresses" from a previous style by adding in new elements to evolve it from the previous form?  Therefore one could consider Radiohead to be Prog.

Getting back to being related to cruising - I've been tempted to take once of those Cruise to the Edge cruises.  But the timing just never worked, once I got over the higher pricing.  I also do a poor job of looking for upcoming cruises, always surprised at the last minute. 

I have heard Carnival occasionally charters out their ships for such themed itineraries.  Is this a frequent thing for Carnival, or it is more common with the other lines?

46 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

In theory...

14 minutes ago, FloridaMomKW said:

We have a suite for our next cruise, and we received the email saying our room will be ready when we embark.👍🏻

We also received an email prior to our last cruise with a suite.  Additionally, this has been discussed ad nauseum by JH.

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Getting back to being related to cruising - I've been tempted to take once of those Cruise to the Edge cruises.  But the timing just never worked, once I got over the higher pricing.  I also do a poor job of looking for upcoming cruises, always surprised at the last minute. 

I have heard Carnival occasionally charters out their ships for such themed itineraries.  Is this a frequent thing for Carnival, or it is more common with the other lines?

A friend of ours who was a professional musician (guitar) is taking a themed cruise on MSC around Feb 15, 2023 out of Miami, I think.  Many bands are performing on this cruise plus he is participating (for extra money) in a jam session with some of these musicians that are on board.  I'm very excited for him!

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

A friend of ours who was a professional musician (guitar) is taking a themed cruise on MSC around Feb 15, 2023 out of Miami, I think.  Many bands are performing on this cruise plus he is participating (for extra money) in a jam session with some of these musicians that are on board.  I'm very excited for him!

Cool!

55 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

And, In theory...

In theory.... but when I've asked the contract check-in employees post-restart they had no idea.

It's a question I kinda expected them to be able to answer because pre-COVID they would say you could go directly to your room because you're Platinum/Diamond.

22 hours ago, tweak89 said:

We head out on the Breeze on the 29th and this will be our first cruise without FTTF, so we've never had to wait for our room to be ready before.  I've read several posts (here and elsewhere) about people (not platinum/diamond) heading straight to their room when embarking and dropping off their carry-ons and then heading to the open decks to wait for their room to be ready.

Is this common/allowed on all ships?  Will they block access or not allow you to do this for any reason?

Thanks!  

Your not allowed, When your platinum enjoy the perk, until then,OBEY THE RULES !!!!

Edited by skrufy
Addition