Bordeaux Tours/Taxis

terpman1974

Just a suggeston that when you post this on the France board (where we are quite active) make sure to post your actual port.  But a quick answer would be if you actually dock in the city of Bordeaux, finding a taxi or hiring a private/car driver would not be too difficult.  But some of the other ports used to access Bordeaux could be a problem without prior arrangments.

Hank

6 hours ago, terpman1974 said:

Anyone have any experience getting to Bourdeaux and using a taxi or limo service to see the sites?  

Howdy @terpman1974 and thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising & your inquiry is about France. Your thread was off topic there. To help you out I have moved your new thread to the France Ports forum where it will be on topic. 

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are replies on your Followed threads because they will all come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

• 2 weeks later...

If your ship actually docks in Bordeaux, it is a very easy and pleasant walk around the city to see the sights.  It's all flat except for a very little incline to get to Cite du Vin.  I was just there the beginning of August for a few days and was able to see all I wanted to see/do with just my feet and an excellent tram system.  

Let us know where you are docking and what you want to see/do and we may be able to help a little more than this.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bordeaux is easily walkable and as said above, there are trams.  We used a little electric bus/navette/shuttle which had a fixed circular route (painted on the ground) through the oldest central area.  It was free and you only needed to signal the driver when you wanted to either board or get off.  You could check if that still runs, but we mostly walked.

IF you are actually docking in Bordeaux and not at either le Verdon or Bassens, I do not think you would need private transport unless one of your party has a mobility issue.  EG the massive Bronze horse fountain is located in the park almost opposite where the smaller cruise ships dock, and the main Place de la Bourse is no more than a 5 minute walk to the left of the same approximate location.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 2

The massive bronze horse statue is in the Quincones park, where the ferris wheel is at.  It is a magnificent statue/fountain.  my hotel was just a couple of blocks from there, so i used the ferris wheel as my "familiar point" to find my way back.  

h7ICgd%RRluU+9Q2p5ejqQ.jpg

nw5cK069QzaBPlSOoAhsdA.jpg

Ot4Zy%DvSomw%SdV5tn2vQ.jpg

iRBfZ7VZQ5a04qFXtiasEw.jpg

3 hours ago, edinburgher said:

And that same Quinconces is a convenient and useful travel hub for buses, taxis etc.

yes, it is!

my hotel had a pretty darn good location.    If anyone needs a hotel in Bordeaux, I definitely recommend the Hotel du Tourny.  A small boutique hotel  

• Like 1