UPGRADING TO PREMIUM DRINK PACKAGE.....ELITE DISCOUNT???

closecruiser

2 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Yes, and you have to call to get it done. 

I thought so...these days I dread calling.  Seems their agents could be better used and this should be something easily accomplished online.

• Like 1

I tried to do this yesterday, spent 25 minutes on hold with Captain's Club before an agent picked up.  He seemed very unfamiliar with the process and eventually quoted a price to upgrade that did not agree with my calculation.  When I asked him how he had calculated the figure, he was not able to explain.

I gave up and will try again today.....

3 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I tried to do this yesterday, spent 25 minutes on hold with Captain's Club before an agent picked up.  He seemed very unfamiliar with the process and eventually quoted a price to upgrade that did not agree with my calculation.  When I asked him how he had calculated the figure, he was not able to explain.

I gave up and will try again today.....

It took me about 40 minuets on hold but the person knew exactly what to do....Luck was on my side!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I discovered this weekend (after being on hold for an hour) that if your booking is with a TA, your TA has to do it.

Our cruise is booked through a TA and I called Celebrity direct and I was able to give my reservation number and it was looked up and upgraded to the premium.  That partwent fast, it was being on hold that took a bit!!!

24 minutes ago, hevnsprncs said:

What are they quoting the upgrade price per day to be now? It used to be $11 a day plus 20% gratuities. I'm a select member so would only get a 5% discount, I believe. We are one cruise away from Elite!

I think it’s $15 plus 20% gratuities now…that is full price before discount… but as I said above, I’ve been wrong before. 

Success! After a hold of less than 2 minutes, I was connected with a CC representative who helped me with upgrades to both my beverage package and internet. I am still not able to figure out exactly how they calculated the charges, but ended up being less than I had calculated, so who am I to argue?

The costs quoted below are the charges to upgrade one person (with Elite discount of 15% on beverage package and 30% on internet) for a 7-day cruise:

Classic to Premium Beverage: $90.72

Basic to Premium Internet (one device): $62.93

And while she mentioned that our cruise had been booked through a TA when reviewing the details, that did not preclude her from completing the transaction for me.

I had a hard time finding the right number and was helped by a post here on CC. So I'll pay it forward and share here: 800-760-0654.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:01 PM, Mrs_Tiki said:

Success! After a hold of less than 2 minutes, I was connected with a CC representative who helped me with upgrades to both my beverage package and internet. I am still not able to figure out exactly how they calculated the charges, but ended up being less than I had calculated, so who am I to argue?

The costs quoted below are the charges to upgrade one person (with Elite discount of 15% on beverage package and 30% on internet) for a 7-day cruise:

Classic to Premium Beverage: $90.72

Basic to Premium Internet (one device): $62.93

I really don’t know how they work these prices out… I called back today after an earlier pointless call and got an even cheaper price 🤷🏼‍♂️ 🍸😊

Just upgraded our Classic to Premium and we are Elite
My husband received a 10% Elite discount on his upgrade from Classic Alcohol to Premium Alcohol
I received a free upgrade from Classic Alcohol to Premium Non-Alcohol

• Like 3

I was able to reach the Captain’s Club in about 10 minutes.  It took the representative just a few minutes to upgrade the beverage package which was discounted 10% for the upgrade.  He said the 15% discount was for purchasing the premium beverage package, not upgrading to it.  The upgrade to premium wi-fi took about 20 minutes as the rep was having trouble locating a discounted Elite rate (30%) for an upgrade on one device per person.  Finally got the upgrades done.  I was glad I had all the rates and information in front of me when I called to be sure my numbers matched his.

14 minutes ago, darsura said:

I was able to reach the Captain’s Club in about 10 minutes.  It took the representative just a few minutes to upgrade the beverage package which was discounted 10% for the upgrade.  He said the 15% discount was for purchasing the premium beverage package, not upgrading to it.  The upgrade to premium wi-fi took about 20 minutes as the rep was having trouble locating a discounted Elite rate (30%) for an upgrade on one device per person.  Finally got the upgrades done.  I was glad I had all the rates and information in front of me when I called to be sure my numbers matched his.

He was wrong. The upgrade gets 15%  discount for Elite, per their own information:

(https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits)

• 15% off Drink Package or upgrade to Premium pre-cruise

I gave up a few months ago trying to reach the CC.  I decided to try about 25 minutes ago today and go in after 20 minutes of holding.  Yea!  Thanks Mrs. Tiki!  I had opened the Visa, charged the required amount and did receive the $200 credit.  In addition, the CC added the $100 promised to my account for my next trip!  I filled out something when I got the credit card statement with the credit indicated for $100 but you have to call CC to get it applied (doesn't tell you that or I did not see it anywhere).

THanks!

Claudia -