Advertised price reduction!

Queenmom1947

If you booked with a TA, HAL will only deal with the TA. 

However, re-faring with a refundable deposit even if you had booked with a PCC or HAL operator/website, is actually a cancellation/rebooking. In that there has to be an available cabin in your category AND you lose the perks you reserved under for the fare and gain whatever perks are current.

So ask them what you gain and lose in a cancel/rebook situation. 

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

I just ran into to this issue.  HAL added a "Crew Appreciation Perk" to the Have It All fare for my cruise.  I wanted to get it but was told I had to cancel and rebook.  Current is only $1 more pp.  This is cumbersome and unreasonable.  I don't recall having this issue with other cruise lines or HAL in the past.

Interesting. I am literally dealing with this right now. My TA is cancelling and rebooking our last of three consecutive cruises because the current promotion includes Free Gratuities and $50 more in OBC. IMO totally worth it, considering what we will end up saving. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Interesting. I am literally dealing with this right now. My TA is cancelling and rebooking our last of three consecutive cruises because the current promotion includes Free Gratuities and $50 more in OBC. IMO totally worth it, considering what we will end up saving. 

I wish we could have added it this week.  Unfortunately, HAL starts cancellation penalties about a month ahead of final payment.  Just made final today and in order to get the gratuities we would have had to pay a $3500 cancellation penalty.  Of course, that was never going to happen!  

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I wish we could have added it this week.  Unfortunately, HAL starts cancellation penalties about a month ahead of final payment.  Just made final today and in order to get the gratuities we would have had to pay a $3500 cancellation penalty.  Of course, that was never going to happen!  

Totally get that. I purposely never look after making final payment, just cause it can break your heart! 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

With a Best Value/Have It All refundable deposit, before Final Payment and with cabins still available in your category, a refare is essentially a cancel-and-rebook. My PCC handles them without endangering my chosen cabin. 

Exactly. My TA just did it for me.

Surprisingly, what I thought was $150 OBC per cabin became $175 OBC for each of us! 

• Like 1

Noticed fall fare (final payment due next week) was $1000 less than we paid. Called PCC to see if they would just add new HIA or crew appreciation. Was told it would cost me $170pp more. Said no thanks and asked if anything else could be done. PCC refared my cruise and we got over $1800 refund. Appreciate that but would have cost them much less to just give us crew appreciation but I'm not complaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1