Cruise reviews...misinformation through ordering of reviews

Hollers

Could someone please explain how cruise reviews are ordered on Cruise Critic? I find the random order infuriating as what you read can easily be outdated and thus unhelpful.

I recently returned from a brilliant Med cruise on board Britannia.

However,  on opening the Cruise Critic's reviews of Britannia, outdated comments from a year or more ago stare at you. So for example, COVID protocols and the use of the My Holiday app highlight issues which are not current and therefore are misleading.

Why are reviews not sequenced in date order? This has to be the most helpful approach for readers. Can Cruise Critic amend this idiosyncracy?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hollers said:

Very strange. Just been in now and not in date order. I know some people review a while after they have cruised but there is no logic in the ordering.

Even stranger,  just hit reviews at top of this page literally a minute ago then tapped Brittania reviews and they are in date order.

Are you on a phone,  tablet or PC it can make a difference. I'm on an Android tablet

Thanks Windsurfboy. I now think I can see the difference. If you view all P and O cruises through this message board, then they do appear to be in order.

However if you  use a search engine to search, for example, 'Britannia Cruise Critic reviews' (probably how most people read reviews), then the reviews appear in a random order.  At the end of the day though, all reviews are very subjective, if interesting to read.

You can often change the way reviews/posts are ordered by clicking on a small tab to rhs at top of the listing of reviews/posts.  I often use that system on trip advisor, so there may be an option here as well if you look for it.  I use a desktop for that though, I find using a phone quite frustrating at times.