Dress code re: shoes for men

coljack

The Regent dress code used to define Casual Elegant or Country Club Casual with the usual no jeans, only collared shirts. etc., after 6PM.  It also used to (pre-COVID) say something like "no athletic shoes."  I always used the luggage space and weight to pack a pair of dress shoes in addition to my two pair of sneakers.  My question is this:  Can I get by with a pair of New Balance black leather shoes?  The only thing that identifies them as sneakers is a very subtle, embossed "N" (also Black) that cannot be noticed without close examination.  It would be nice to only pack one pair in addition to the one I was wearing.

Thanks for any input.  We've cruised Regent a lot, but not lately.

That is what my husband aways wears.  He only takes the pair he is wearing and the one packed. (Plus a pair of beach shoes) Since he is past the suit/tux stage, that went out the window at retirement. 
One  man wore red and white high tops with brightly colored socks every night on our would cruise and never a word was said!

1 hour ago, coljack said:

The Regent dress code used to define Casual Elegant or Country Club Casual with the usual no jeans, only collared shirts. etc., after 6PM.  It also used to (pre-COVID) say something like "no athletic shoes."  I always used the luggage space and weight to pack a pair of dress shoes in addition to my two pair of sneakers.  My question is this:  Can I get by with a pair of New Balance black leather shoes?  The only thing that identifies them as sneakers is a very subtle, embossed "N" (also Black) that cannot be noticed without close examination.  It would be nice to only pack one pair in addition to the one I was wearing.

You should look at cole hahn zero grand shoes they have a Nike sole so supercomfy yet the oxfords are very dressy.  I wore them on some shore excursion.

2 hours ago, coljack said:

That’s what I wear when I want to wear black shoes. I wear a pair of brown leather Brooks walking shoes most nights. So far nobody’s complained. 

DH used to change from his NB walking shoes to a leather pair for the evenings, and he was somewhat uncomfortable.  Then I started noticing many senior citizen men wearing dark walking/NB shoes in the evening.  I went to look at the dress code again, noticed it had changed somewhat.  DH now wears his NB walking shoes, these are dark colored (not tennis shoes), he has a script for them when we buy them and is much happier in the evenings.  No issues at all.

• Like 2

I have been wearing these (or similar) from Skechers for years. Very comfortable & versatile. Can be worn when sandals/open shoes don't work, & also without a problem for dinner.

Although, let's face it, I doubt people in the CR or elsewhere will be paying much attention to your feet.

shoe.jpg

• Like 1

My wife calls me 'Billmelda' when we're on a cruise...I think I take more shoes than she does.  Or I did, anyhow, I'm getting better.  But realistically, I could easily get by with 2-3 pairs - I usually end up with two pair of casual shoes, a pair of flip flops for the pool deck or light walking excursions, and a pair of athletic shoes for the more active excursions.  Don't ask me about the time we sailed Cunard with the formal nights and more stringent dress requirements...I think I had almost half a suitcase full of shoes.

Pathetic, I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cwn said:

That is what my husband aways wears.  He only takes the pair he is wearing and the one packed. (Plus a pair of beach shoes) Since he is past the suit/tux stage, that went out the window at retirement. 
One  man wore red and white high tops with brightly colored socks every night on our would cruise and never a word was said!