Missing points?

Greetings!

I just got back from a cruise with my family which was split between two rooms. I was in an interior room with my two sons and my wife was in a balcony room with our daughter, as far as the reservation was made, my daughter and I switched while on the cruise. 😉 

However, today it looks like Royal only gave points for the interior room and not the balcony room. I made reservations for both and paid for both with the same credit card, the rooms were essentially linked together.

I just wanted to check here before wasting time on the phone, should I be entitled to points for the balcony room as well? Would it just be a matter of calling Royal or the travel agent to get it sorted out?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Zephanor said:

I just wanted to check here before wasting time on the phone, should I be entitled to points for the balcony room as well?

No. Welcome to RCI, where you only get points for the cabin in which you are booked.

4 minutes ago, Zephanor said:

Greetings!

I just got back from a cruise with my family which was split between two rooms. I was in an interior room with my two sons and my wife was in a balcony room with our daughter, as far as the reservation was made, my daughter and I switched while on the cruise. 😉 

However, today it looks like Royal only gave points for the interior room and not the balcony room. I made reservations for both and paid for both with the same credit card, the rooms were essentially linked together.

I just wanted to check here before wasting time on the phone, should I be entitled to points for the balcony room as well? Would it just be a matter of calling Royal or the travel agent to get it sorted out?

Thanks!

Each person is awarded their own points regardless of who pays. 

You personally won't get points for five cruises, same as airlines. 

If you had booked your wife/daughter in a suite she and daughter would have gotten two points per day.  If this caused wife to hit a higher level of Crown & Anchor they you and all kids under 18 would share the higher level (but not actually the points).  Sometimes you have to call and link the people to the highest level person - system doesn't always get this correct.  And make sure kids are linked before 18 so they retain the higher status.  After 18 they revert to their own point status.  So a kid (and you) could be Diamond Plus with only 1 point.