Trans-Atlantic wi-fi

PurleyKing

I am on the Star Flyer's trans-Atlantic crossing from the Canary Islands to St Martin this November. My wife, although a long-time fan of Star Clippers, didn't fancy the two-week crossing, so will be flying out to join me in the Caribbean. What experience do people have of the wi-fi capability on Star Clippers on such a crossing?

I'm afraid I can't provide any more of a factual answer but I too would speculate that your wife will need to appreciate that radio silence. She will, of course, have the option of watching your track daily using one of the vessel tracking web sites.

If I may put in a modest request..... Please look after the ship as we are booked on the first StM to StM trip once you arrive!

Have a wonderful crossing - we have done many on larger ships but never with sails. Should be a real experience!

Adrian 

• 3 weeks later...

Will be joining you for our third Star Flyer crossing. First crossing a storm knocked out all Internet on Day 2 making for a wonderful disconnected sailing. Our second crossing a few were able to connect in some spots. I would not count on it, however.

Even if you don't normally participate in shipboard games and activities, I recommend you do on the crossing. It's almost like being a child again!

On 9/11/2022 at 2:54 PM, islander47 said:

Even if you don't normally participate in shipboard games and activities, I recommend you do on the crossing. It's almost like being a child again!

You can't beat playing golf on board playing off one deck to a lower one and landing in the bunkers. The only rule seemed to be that passengers do not have to move if you land near or under where they are sitting.

Regards John