Arrive Can

DShier1a

Just now, Lois R said:

Yes, they did. That is all they asked for and I don't remember anyone asking to see my QR code for ArriveCan.

Interesting that the cruise line didn't ask for it, or at least ask if you had completed it, as it is vital that all pax be "ArriveCan'd" prior to the ship sailing. After embarkation during your trip, no other entity, particularly any Canadian gvt agency, would need to see it as they "know" you have completed it since they can see your data in the computer.

The Government knows  that you have entered  or left the Country

My sister had gone to NJ  last month on business (long story)

she was filling out  her  Unemployment paperwork & put that she had left the Country  but they flagged her  anyway  & she had to call in

The cruise lines probably have  a list of those who filled out arrive can  or submit the pax list to the government

Last week boarding HAL, Vancouver Alaska Return, they wanted to see the completed VerifFLY.  (You can only get a green okay if you submit the ArriveCAN QR code receipt.)  Once onboard there was a paper form in the room requesting your ArriveCAN receipt # to be filled in and left with your room steward or taken to Guest Services.

A little bit off topic but hoping someone can help.

We fly from Orlando Fl. to Toronto and get a connecting flight to Greece. It's my understanding that I do not have to complete the ArriveCan form as we are not staying in Canada.  However it also says that is the process for Toronto Terminal  1,  I have no idea what terminal we will be in?  Our cruise departs from Greece not Canada. 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

A little bit off topic but hoping someone can help.

We fly from Orlando Fl. to Toronto and get a connecting flight to Greece. It's my understanding that I do not have to complete the ArriveCan form as we are not staying in Canada.  However it also says that is the process for Toronto Terminal  1,  I have no idea what terminal we will be in?  Our cruise departs from Greece not Canada. 

Thanks

Here's a list of airlines and the terminals they are assigned to:

https://www.torontoairport.com/pearson-airlines.php

• Thanks 1

The airport has a handy wizard, https://www.torontopearson.com/en/connections. It will detail the process based on your connection.

If you have to clear customs and immigration you will need to use ArriveCAN. It would also be a good idea to use the advance CBSA declaration link in the ArriveCAN app.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

That does make sense.  The AriveCAN 2.0 is expected to replace the airport kiosks or paper customs declaration forms for airports without kiosks.  

The article also mentions that the order in council that imposed the requirement for vaccinations on entry into Canada and wearing masks on aircraft expires on September 30  and it is likely that cabinet will not be issuing a new order to extend it.