Balcony light

Megan_Strick

3 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

If I remember correctly there is a light on the balcony, correct? I want to sit out there and read.

There was a balcony light on our Dream & Vista cruise for sure. Can't comment on any other ships in the fleet. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Yes.

Previously my balcony neighbor would leave theirs on all night long for whole cruise. Sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the night sky was out. 

Happened on several cruises.  Rude. Very rude.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

Best thing ever made - Kindle Paperwhite with backlighting built in.

Kindles are awesome. You can literally bring dozens of books with you onto the ship and it doesn't take up any more luggage room than a small notepad. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We never found a way to turn one on during our recent Mardi Gras cruise.  Not sure if it had one or not.

I was going to say the exact same thing.  We have been on Mardi Gras twice (once in an extended (hump) balcony room and once in a Havana Cabana) and we couldn't figure it out either.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Yes.

Previously my balcony neighbor would leave theirs on all night long for whole cruise. Sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the night sky was out. 

Those are the neighbors that get a note slipped under their door "Please be kind and think if your neighbors and turn off your balcony light at night" 🤪

• Like 2

15 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I was going to say the exact same thing.  We have been on Mardi Gras twice (once in an extended (hump) balcony room and once in a Havana Cabana) and we couldn't figure it out either.  

There was no light on our balcony Deck 9.  Not sure if Mardi Gras has any at all.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, staceyglow said:

Kindles are awesome. You can literally bring dozens of books with you onto the ship and it doesn't take up any more luggage room than a small notepad. 

You made me laugh! Not because I disagree with anything you said but because it reminds me of something that happened to my wife.

Before each cruise my wife would go to Amazon and buy a few books. On the cruise she would read them.

Before a 14 day Panama Canal cruise she went to Amazon and bought a few books but a day into the cruise when she went to read one she could see the title in her library but that was it. It was the same for all the books she had bought. Later she found out that Amazon changed how the kindle worked and these days you have to take an extra step to actually download the book to your Kindle. In the old days when you bought a book it sent the whole book, not just the title, to your Kindle.

So there she was on a 14 day cruise with no books to read and no internet to get them. But she actually found something good in the ship's library.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, icft said:

You made me laugh! Not because I disagree with anything you said but because it reminds me of something that happened to my wife.

Before each cruise my wife would go to Amazon and buy a few books. On the cruise she would read them.

Before a 14 day Panama Canal cruise she went to Amazon and bought a few books but a day into the cruise when she went to read one she could see the title in her library but that was it. It was the same for all the books she had bought. Later she found out that Amazon changed how the kindle worked and these days you have to take an extra step to actually download the book to your Kindle. In the old days when you bought a book it sent the whole book, not just the title, to your Kindle.

So there she was on a 14 day cruise with no books to read and no internet to get them. But she actually found something good in the ship's library.

She still could of got the book with the onboard internet plan, did you buy one? Also any WIFI in port.