Who Else is Excited about Carnival Luminosa!!!

Peachestravels

3 hours ago, bguppies said:

A hand me down from Costa does not excite me much.

But any NEW ship added to an aging fleet is an improvement.

Look at it as a 2009 Spirit class ship replacing a 1990's Fantasy class ship. Carnival needs some smaller ships but doesn't seem interested in building them. I thought acquiring a smaller ship that is newer than all of their other smaller ships was significant. I'm not going to rush out and book it but I do think it's an important addition.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Look at it as a 2009 Spirit class ship replacing a 1990's Fantasy class ship. Carnival needs some smaller ships but doesn't seem interested in building them. I thought acquiring a smaller ship that is newer than all of their other smaller ships was significant. I'm not going to rush out and book it but I do think it's an important addition.

Kind of agree, it sure fills a niche.  Not on my A list, but not far off.  Want to seeand feel the difference

Their fleet has jumped light years in the past twnety months.  Not the way they imagined it would happen, but at the end of the day, it matters not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, arlenehsimon said:

Booked a Cruise for 11 July 6.  Taking children and grandchildren ages 12-21.  Hope there is enough to keep them busy.  Hubbie and I have been wanting to do this for a long time.

I'm sure they will have a good time but you do realize that there's no water park, ropes course, slides and the other bells and whistles. 

8 minutes ago, arlenehsimon said:

Anyone have any information on what there is to do on the Luminosa for kids ages 11 - 21 to do? 

Thanks.

I doubt anyone here has been on it yet. This page might be helpful. It looks like Camp Ocean with a playground....pool...basketball court...arcade.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-luminosa.aspx

Just booked the 30 day TP

SHIP: CARNIVAL LUMINOSA

SAILS TO: (Start)SEATTLE, KETCHIKAN, ICY STRAIT POINT, CRUISE HUBBARD GLACIER, CROSS INTERNATIONAL DATE LINE, KUSHIRO, AOMORI, TOKYO, HIROSHIMA, NAGASAKI, PUERTO PRINCESA, BITUNG, (Finish) BRISBANE

SAILING ON: SEPTEMBER 14, 2023 (Start)
RETURNING: OCTOBER 15, 2023 (Finish)
CLOUD 9 SPA BALCONY CABIN

I'm pretty pumped. These are all first time stops for us, so it'll be a great scouting trip for future travel plans. (Like, "Is it worth coming back for a week or so?)

• Like 2

On 8/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, Luckysll said:

I plan on booking an Alaska cruise as soon as they are available.

I booked the Alaska cruise on the Luminosa June 21-28, 2023. I am excited about the trip but was a little disappointed that they are missing Guy's burgers and something else. 

• Like 1