Drinking Policies among different lines

snuckles12

On 8/23/2022 at 2:09 PM, jsn55 said:

He will probably not be 'legal' on a US departure, but he might not have any issues ordering drinks.  It all depends on how mature he looks and behaves.  I am tall and confident and had no trouble ordering drinks or buying liquor anywhere when I was 17.  If he 'qualifies', however, his keycard might have a code that prohibits him from ordering drinks.  I'm sure you can figure out how to get around that.  It breaks my heart to know he's old enough to join the military to protect this country,  but not old enough to have a beer on a cruise ship.

Drinking on a cruise ship is nothing like purchasing alcohol on land. You have to show your sail card to purchase alcohol on the ship and it will flag him as being under 21. Doesn't matter a thing about how he looks. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Drinking on a cruise ship is nothing like purchasing alcohol on land. You have to show your sail card to purchase alcohol on the ship and it will flag him as being under 21. Doesn't matter a thing about how he looks. 

This.  They are not going to put their jobs on the line by serving minors.  Maybe consider a land trip to an all inclusive to Mexico if drinking alcohol is a priority.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:33 AM, sanger727 said:

You might have noticed that I already said there might be a flag in his keycard in my initial post.