In port two days before we leave

Lojay2

We are leaving from Buenos Aires

Planning on being there two days prior to boarding the ship (Infinity)  but then we have a overnight in port {first night) and do not actually leave until the next evening (actually second day of cruise) never had this before, the question is on day one can we come and go once we are checked in for additional sightseeing or do we have to wait until ship has the muster and luggage drop off?  

Do they have times that you have to re-board if in fact we do get off on the first day?.

Asking now because we are lining up a tour guide and not sure how many days to plan on. 

I know I have the two prior days and the one that is day two of the cruise but its the boarding day that I an concerned about. 

Although in port for Day 1, emergencies can occur in port, too.  I would fully expect a muster drill on Day 1, but couldn't guess at the deadline to complete it.  Often, there isn't anyone at the muster stations to check you off the list yet when boarding first begins, either, so that's another timing issue on Day 1.

No regular agent on the phone will have a clue.  Could be they don't even know in Miami how the ship will decide to time it.  It's just that unusual.

Twice we have had an overnight in the embarkation port before the ship departed on day 2.  One was actually also in Buenos Aires.  

The ship will act like an overnight hotel and you will be free to leave for more sight seeing.   I don't remember how muster drill was handled in 2015 while on the Infinity in Buenos Aires but I clearly remember that the second time the embarkation port was an overnight folks were offered three options for muster drill times.  That was pre-covid, but now with the electronic muster drill I would hope the situation would be even more flexible.

There is no muster drill meeting any longer.  
There is a safety video that you watch either on the TV or in the  app then you go to your muster station to check-in.  When the ship is departing the same day as boarding there is a 3-4 hour window when everyone must check in at their muster station, not sure if thst would be a longer time when day 1 is a over night

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is a safety video that you watch either on the TV or in the  app then you go to your muster station to check-in.  

This was not handled well in Southampton.

We were late getting on to the ship, due to our pre arranged taxi being over 2 hours late picking us up. We were not allowed to go to our room, but sent straight to the Muster station.

In all the many, many emails from Celebrity pre boarding, at no time did I see a link to watch a video, as we had last year. Right up to embarkation day, we were still getting emails telling us to add our vaccination status, even though this had been validated about 5-6 6 weeks prior to boarding. 
I did scroll through these emails, checking really that the testing arrangements hadn’t been updated, but I never saw a link to a video.

When we went to the Muster station, all we showed was our Priority boarding pass, which had a code on it, as we didn’t have our cruise/ key card.

At no time were were asked any questions. 
Other passengers reported that they were asked if they knew how to put their Life Jacket on.

What happens to those passengers who are Seniors, who don’t own Smart phones?

On board Celebrity have gone down the Tech route far too quickly ( a pity their pre boarding IT is not as modern).