Price logged in vs not logged in

Sometimes when looking at cruises the fare when logged in is cheaper than the same cruise not logged in. Sometimes there is no price difference. Just curious why there is not always what appears to be a past guest discount. Any idea? 🙂

18 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Sometimes when looking at cruises the fare when logged in is cheaper than the same cruise not logged in. Sometimes there is no price difference. Just curious why there is not always what appears to be a past guest discount. Any idea? 🙂

Maybe just another thing to cut so they can stay in business.

The standard Princess “launch fare” discount for all Captains Circle members is only available for a limited time after a new deployment announcement (not sure of length offer (90-120 days maybe?). Subsequent to that there may be citation targeted “campaigns” with reduced fares for select members, though how/when these are chosen/assigned by the revenue/marketing team is unclear. They have also stared offering regional discounts for select sailings based off state of residency. There really is no discernible rhyme or reason why one person gets a targeted discount and another does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There have been some mention here of these fare differences.

One person who I believe is Elite was offered the cabin at the regular fare, while their friend, who is not Elite, or maybe Platinum or anything like that, was offered the same cabin category nearby for a lessor rate.     

It appears the some promos are actually made available to, and attached to, certain cruisers account.  

It seems that when this is the case, even a TA has not seen this fare, even when they have the past cruiser account number.

I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason with this at all.

Some people wondered if it were discounts to cruisers from certain States.

I wonder if maybe these fares are offered based on what upcoming cruise interests are checked in your profile.  Like Alaska, Europe, Caribbean, etc.

I am seeing a lower rate like this on a cruise when logged into my account.  I think I have this checked as an interested type of cruise.

In the end, everyone should make sure they  log in and 'go mining' when looking at fares.

I don't know if this is still true, but sometimes these promos are directed at certain cabins or categories.  I I think it used to be that you could sometimes see a lower fare when it came to the point of selecting a cabin.

All of this seems to be anybody's guess!

• Thanks 1

Also, if people are looking to cruise as a couple or party of two, then recently, Deluxe Balcony cabins are not showing up to let them book.   It seems that maybe there is some problem in the system, with these cabins having the love-seat, that they all sleep at least 3, and they aren't showing up for booking for 2.

Don't know if there is a workaround for that or not?  Maybe book for 3 and then drop the 3rd potential passenger?

• Thanks 1