Excursions and Meals

Tradestock

DH and I are sailing the Volendam and have a long port day in Puerto Rico.  We are thinking of doing two excursions, a fort tour and the night time kayak tour.  The fort tour has a departure time of 11:00 a.m. with a return of 2:30 pm, whereas the kayak tour has a departure time of 4:00 pm with a return time of 9:30 p.m.  If I remember correctly,  both the buffet lines and MDR will be closed during the short amount of time between excursions and after our final return at 9:30 p.m.  Is room service available for evening dinner?  Does anyone have any on ship dining suggestions?

1 minute ago, julia said:

You could plan ahead for an afternoon snack between excursions by fixing a plate of munchies from the buffet and storing it in your fridge.

Not all cabins on Volendam (or Zaandam) have fridge included (OV and Insides do not), but one can be rented -- cost was $5/day in summer 2018.

What is included in your fort tour, and what does it cost?  There used to be a free ho-ho shuttle trolley that dropped you at both forts.  El Moro opens at 0930 and adult admission is $10.  We got in free with senior national park passes.  You get a guide leaflet and can do it on your own time.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

38 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

What is included in your fort tour, and what does it cost?  There used to be a free ho-ho shuttle trolley that dropped you at both forts.  El Moro opens at 0930 and adult admission is $10.  We got in free with senior national park passes.  You get a guide leaflet and can do it on your own time.  EM

We booked the Old San Juan Fortresses and Shopping for $69.95 per person.  It includes Fort San Felipe del Morro and Fort San Cristobal.  The huge selling point for DH was "tours of underground tunnels."  😁  I am pretty sure he ran to get the credit card after reading the write up.  I did learn that the time for the kayak tour was less than ideal due to moon phases, but decided to book it on the hopes it will be cloudy.  Thank you to everyone for the replies.  I think we will probably order chicken from the room service menu.