Brisbane cruise terminal to Lone Koala Sanctuary

cunnorl

6 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

But she wasn't a little girl but a seasoned mom and grandma at time, so she just let it roll off her.  

Haha! She is actually called the poops Toots ( Tutu is a local name for Grandma ) by the youngest grandboy as she is the prefered diaper changer. As for the Koala, it's a No Go. Mahalo for the options.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 9:31 PM, triplem67 said:

Hi there @fstuff1
I am a Brisbane local and want to caution you about some issues you need to consider before booking Miramar... ONLY from the point of view that it can be challenging to get from the Brisbane Cruise Terminal to the Miramar departure point.  You need to look at what day you're in Brisbane - weekday or weekend, and what time you can depart from your ship at the Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  

I am doing a Celebrity Edge itinerary in late Feb/early March.  We have a Brisbane port day on Tue 5th March.  Our "arrival time" is listed as 8am which will not give people enough time in Peak Hour Traffic to get from the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal across the city to the South side of the river to meet up with Miramar for the 9am departure.  The boat won't wait if you're late.  

If your Cruise is "arriving" in Brisbane earlier and you can depart the ship earlier on a weekday, then it might be doable to get to the Miramar wharf in time.  There would be some taxis and possibly ride shares to grab at the terminal.  But keep in mind that a taxi or rideshare can't drop directly at the departure wharf.  They would drop you nearby and then you need to walk down to the river walkway to get to the departure wharf.  

I have connected some people on my Celebrity Edge cruise with a rideshare driver (who I know personally) and he is pre-booked to pick them up and then bring them back from Lone Pine.  I have also found a few private vehicle transfer companies that can do private transport or shuttle bus. I have contact details for them if you need them. 

Another tip is that I have seen people quoting travel times using the wrong Cruise terminal.  Brisbane used to have a Cruise terminal at Portside Hamilton which is now closed.  Some international sites still quote Portside as the Cruise terminal.  All Cruise ships now dock at the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal which is right out at the mouth of the Brisbane River and is a long way from the city.  There is no public transport to or from the terminal.  I think all Cruise lines put on a paid shuttle service but they would only go to a central location in the Brisbane CBD (usually somewhere like ANZAC Square).  

Having said all that.... If you can make the Miramar Cruise to Lone Pine work for your Cruise Ship timings... it's a wonderful trip and a great way to see Brisbane from the River.

I am looking for an Uber contact to take 2 people from the cruise port (Crown Princess Nov 21, 2024) to Lone Pine. If you could provide a name and contact I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 7:53 PM, Carolina Cruisr said:

I am looking for an Uber contact to take 2 people from the cruise port (Crown Princess Nov 21, 2024) to Lone Pine. If you could provide a name and contact I would appreciate it.

Download the Uber app, it works a treat for getting Uber rides. 😉

Sounds like you are on the same cruise too (but not on our roll call) 🤔

Edited by Wansbrough

17 minutes ago, Wansbrough said:

Download the Uber app, it works a treat for getting Uber rides. 😉

Sounds like you are on the same cruise too (but not on our roll call) 🤔

Thanks, I have used rideshares many times and do have the APP but @fstuff1 mentioned they knew someone personally and that was the contact I was looking for.

I did try adding my name to the RC but it is a read only document.🤔

On 3/23/2024 at 5:53 AM, Carolina Cruisr said:

Hello Pat @Carolina Cruisr
I've only just seen your message.  I'll check with Tim today and let you know.  

I also have a local Shuttle Bus company contact.  If you think there's more people in your cruise group that also might like to self-organise a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary trip, this could be a good option.  The company offered a return shuttle for my cruise group earlier this month.  They offered a set price (in Aussie dollars) to be picked up from and return to Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  

Hi we are a party of 4 sailing into Brisbane 27th March 2025 and would like to visit Lone pine koala sanctuary making our own way there and back would be very interested in any contacts for taxi/shuttle that could be pre booked before we go . Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

The trip to Lone Pine was one of the highlights of our around Australia cruise.  Not only did we get to pet a Koala but we hand fed and petted Kangaroos.  I highly recommend going!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 11:19 PM, Madson16 said:

Hi we are a party of 4 sailing into Brisbane 27th March 2025 and would like to visit Lone pine koala sanctuary making our own way there and back would be very interested in any contacts for taxi/shuttle that could be pre booked before we go . Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Mark

Hi Mark @Madson16
I'm catching up on posts as I'm not here as often now the my cruise is over.  😢

I am Brisbane based and happy to answer questions.  I'm still waiting to hear back from my Uber driver contact but know he was selling his house and moving so he's probably pre-occupied with that.  I'll follow up with him in the next couple of weeks.  

I also have a local Shuttle Bus company contact.  If you think there's more people in your cruise group that also might like to self-organise a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary trip, this could be a good option.  The company offered a return shuttle for my cruise group in early March.  They offered a set price (in Aussie dollars) to be picked up from and return to Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  

I can help connect you with them if think this might be a good option.  

As you are visiting Brisbane on a WEEKDAY, please caution anyone who might be talking about booking the Mirramar Brisbane River Lone Pine Cruise for that day.  It's very tricky to get from the Brisbane ICT to the Mirramar departure point in Brisbane on a weekday morning through peak hour traffic. If your ship "arrival time" is 8am, getting to Mirramar Wharf for 9am is pretty much not possible.  

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Edited by triplem67

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 5:53 AM, Carolina Cruisr said:

Hello @Carolina Cruisr

It was me that had the Brisbane Uber driver contact.  I'm catching up on posts as I'm not here as often now the my cruise is over.  
😢

I am Brisbane based and happy to answer questions.  I'm still waiting to hear back from my Uber driver contact but know he was selling his house and moving so he's probably pre-occupied with that.  I'll follow up with him in the next couple of weeks.  

I also have a local Shuttle Bus company contact.  If you think there's more people in your cruise group that also might like to self-organise a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary trip, this could be a good option.  The company offered a return shuttle for my cruise group in early March.  They offered a set price (in Aussie dollars) to be picked up from and return to Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  

I can help connect you with them if think this might be a good option.  

As you are visiting Brisbane on a WEEKDAY, please caution anyone who might be talking about booking the Mirramar Brisbane River Lone Pine Cruise for that day.  It's very tricky to get from the Brisbane ICT to the Mirramar departure point in Brisbane on a weekday morning through peak hour traffic. If your ship "arrival time" is 8am, getting to Mirramar Wharf for 9am is pretty much not possible.  

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Edited by triplem67

Hi Mel 

Thank you for getting back to me we would be very interested in your Uber contact or any other contacts you have for our stop in Brisbane 27th March 2025 we are on the Celebrity Edge Great Barrier Reef cruise. We have now booked our Lone pine tickets and just need to arrange transportation to and from so it will be good if we can arrange transportation beforehand it will tick another thing off our list planning this adventure 🛳️🛳️😊

We did note your comment about the Mirramar cruise and realised we would probably not have enough time

Kind regards

Mark

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madson16 said:

Hi Mel 

Thank you for getting back to me we would be very interested in your Uber contact or any other contacts you have for our stop in Brisbane 27th March 2025 we are on the Celebrity Edge Great Barrier Reef cruise. We have now booked our Lone pine tickets and just need to arrange transportation to and from so it will be good if we can arrange transportation beforehand it will tick another thing off our list planning this adventure 🛳️🛳️😊

We did note your comment about the Mirramar cruise and realised we would probably not have enough time

Kind regards

Mark

Thanks Mark @Madson16

I'll follow up with Tim my Uber Driver friend this weekend.  I have also reached out to the Shuttle Bus company to see if they are available to do a shuttle like they did for my Celebrity Edge shore day in Brisbane back on 5th March.  

I'll get back to you once I have info.  👍

• Like 1