Celebrity Horizon - the end.

BigAl94

11 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Celebrity Horizon was my very first cruise in December of 2003.  I marveled at how huge she was and it seemed endless as it was about 11 nights or so.  Absolutely loved that ship!  And now, after almost 50 cruises on various cruise lines, Horizon is still my absolute favorite.  

This was the first ship I worked on, 1992.  Oh the memories! Sad to see her go to her final resting place 😞 

• Like 2

So sad. That was a very moving video. We never sailed her, our first cruise was Meridian in ‘96, then we sailed her sister Zenith for years, including her last under Celebrity in 2007; still one of our top three cruises. I remember there was a legionnaires disease out break on Horizon, on one of her first voyages. Not an auspicious start. They removed her hot tub after that. 

11 minutes ago, eas2225 said:

This was our first Celebrity cruise and our kids first cruise! 

We sailed out of Phila. Pa. to Bermuda. 

It was such a beautiful ship and we have so many fond memories.

We lived in the Langhorne-Yardley area in the mid 90's and I remember seeing Horizon a few times docked in the Port Richmond area.  We never sailed on her to Bermuda because the cruise fare was rather high.

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We lived in the Langhorne-Yardley area in the mid 90's and I remember seeing Horizon a few times docked in the Port Richmond area.  We never sailed on her to Bermuda because the cruise fare was rather high.

The ship sailed from the Navy Yard.  There was talk about dredging the Delaware to encourage more ship traffic but it never happened. 

47 minutes ago, eas2225 said:

The ship sailed from the Navy Yard.  There was talk about dredging the Delaware to encourage more ship traffic but it never happened. 

I am sure you are right although I do remember seeing Horizon docked in that area because I made a point of driving down to see it.  It is possible that I may have the wrong Celebrity ship.   I don't know.