Rome to Civitavecchia

Toby459

Most economical is train. There are various options but the local train is very cheap. Leonardo Express to Termini and then local train to Civitavecchia. You do still

need to get from the station to the port though, which is walkable but not ideal with luggage. There is a cheap bus from the station, but I don’t have details of that.

Edited by KeithJenner

ncl usually offers transportation 2 and from the airport to the ship. i havent used it in a few years, but i think it's $60 per person. 

you can always hire a cab most of them are right outside the airport.

of you can google shuttle services and order transportation from the comfort of your living room.

cabs and shuttles will take you directly to the port.

I'm offering this to answer the original question asked, not because I think anyone is going to do it.

The least expensive routing is the Cotral bus.  This route requires a change of bus in Rome and the trip takes two hours and twenty five minutes.  The bus drops you off 650 meters/four-tenths of a mile from the free port shuttle bus stop.  The fare for the bus is euro 6,20.

By contrast, the train takes about an hour and three quarters and costs 11 euro.  The train station is one mile on foot from the free port shuttle bus stop but there is a public bus for 2 euro.  If you wait for the bus the total time will be between two and two and a quarter hours.

So, the bus is cheaper and only a few minutes longer than the train.  There's only one change to make, with the train there is the train change at Trastevere plus, for most folks, a second change to the bus from the train station.

Percorso e tariffe (cotralspa.it)

OK, the underlying idea that the OP wants to go direct from airport to ship. While its doable, I don't think it is recommended by anyone. First, you will be jet lagged, seriously. Not the way to start your cruise.

Second, Rome is one of the great cities of the world. You don't want to miss it. Arrive a couple days early. In the unfortunate case of your luggage not flying with you, it can catch up while you get over jet lag and see a wonderful city and experience a fantastic culture.

Yes, NCL will have a shuttle, particularly if you are using their flights.

• Like 2