Any more protocols coming?

I'm guessing that since they are now allowing all unvaccinated to sail, and have relaxed testing, there will be no more protocol updates in the near future.  We have to test for our upcoming cruise because Bermuda requires it (have no idea why, since you can fly into Bermuda without a test), and we have to test in Europe because our itinerary includes Greece (which also does not require testing to enter by air).  

I'm not too concerned with the Bermuda cruise.  If we test positive, we can just drive home.  But we'll be in Europe for 4 days before the start of 21 days on the ship (which includes a TA), and if we test positive, it will be a nightmare trying to find a hotel to quarantine and a new way to get back to the States.  I was hoping all testing would be over by now.  Seems they just really wanted to appease the unvaccinated.  

I do feel for you the testing is a farce and dosnt really work at all. We came back from a week on brilliance (around greece) last sunday, and my mum and nephew both tested positive on the tue. Both stayed on the ship for the whole week so more than likely caught it onboard. Both are up to date on jabs. Nephew was fine by thur, my mum was really rough and touch and go if needed hosp treatment, but thankfully she is feeling a lot better now. Just super tired. Point to note she does have plenty of other medical conditions and classed in the UK as vulnerable and this was her first time catching covid. 

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I'm guessing that since they are now allowing all unvaccinated to sail, and have relaxed testing, there will be no more protocol updates in the near future.  We have to test for our upcoming cruise because Bermuda requires it (have no idea why, since you can fly into Bermuda without a test), and we have to test in Europe because our itinerary includes Greece (which also does not require testing to enter by air).  

I'm not too concerned with the Bermuda cruise.  If we test positive, we can just drive home.  But we'll be in Europe for 4 days before the start of 21 days on the ship (which includes a TA), and if we test positive, it will be a nightmare trying to find a hotel to quarantine and a new way to get back to the States.  I was hoping all testing would be over by now.  Seems they just really wanted to appease the unvaccinated.  

I'd say 100% there will be more protocols coming. Rcl never fails to change again and again. FCC changed at least 6 times I remember.

I have a 10 day cruise jan 30th that testing hasnt been dropped. ..carnival princess etc dropped for under 16 days.

I hope that shoe drops soon. 

I personally think all protocols that can be dropped will be in the next month.  RCI can't control Bermuda and Canada (and a couple of European countries), but by the end of Oct Bermuda and Canada cruises will stop for the season anyway.  We have a b2b on Jewel Nov 6 and 13.  So, 13 days at sea but no testing because it's b2b which shows how dumb it is to have the current under 10 day rule.