Thermal Suite Pass

BatchawanaBabe

We're doing the 21 day Panama Canal cruise on the Encore which has a lot of sea days.  I'm interested in the Thermal Suite Pass but it's US$399 per person which I'm not sure is worth it. It would just be for me.  Hubby's not a spa person.  Any advice would be appreciated.

1.  Is there special on day 1, 2 or some other day?  

2. I have a lot of joint and muscle pain that I hope would benefit from the Thalassotherapy pool and possibly hot tubs but I can't tolerate very hot water or saunas.  How hot do they get?

Thanks,

Lia

its been a few years since I had the thermal suite pass. I truly enjoyed it. They have daily rates that are very expensive. I don't believe I saw any special rates. As for the temps- I didn't think they were excessively hot. But no idea what actual temp is. I believe there are dry and wet saunas. People add water to the wet one to increase heat and humidity. But sometimes you have the sauna to yourself-just depends. I loved the thalassotherapy pool. Strong jets. It was relaxing.  $299 for 3 weeks isn't bad

• Like 1

Yes, it is a lot of money and NCL has been jacking up the prices since restart.  A 7-day cruise pass is now selling for $336 on the newer ships. So, $60 more for triple the number of days, it is not "bad". As we have got older and less mobile, we always sail with a Thermal Suite pass to get into the hot, bubbling hydrotherapy pool. 

• Like 1

We were on the Star last week and their pass for 10 days was $250 pp with pre booking.   It is an older ship and their thermal suit a bit smaller and less grand than the new ones but all the necessary elements were in place.  The thalosso pool is not overly hot, but the sauna was far too hot.  The heated loungers are so soothing to my aging joints.  If you DH isn’t a spa person, than treat yourself and send him off to enjoy his special interests.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 🤗

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Great money spent with amazing views off the aft of the ship for the heated loungers. There are no special days just buy it pre cruise.  

We've been on Celebrity's Aqua Class a few times with free access to the spa and its heated loungers. I'm going to physiotherapy and need to apply heat to my shoulder area, so the loungers, etc should help since otherwise I'd need a microwave to heat up my hot pack.

37 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We always book the spa pass, is worth it to us no matter what. We currently paid the 399 for 16 days on the Escape in November.

We were going to pick up the spa pass for this sailing as well but decided to use our FCC on a spa balcony so that it was included.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mallow said:

We were going to pick up the spa pass for this sailing as well but decided to use our FCC on a spa balcony so that it was included.

We used our FCC from 2 cancelled cruises to pay for this cruise. We are now bidding for a spa balcony, if we try to move up to a spa balcony outright we would have to pay more than what we just paid for the spa passes, so is not worth it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We used our FCC from 2 cancelled cruises to pay for this cruise. We are now bidding for a spa balcony, if we try to move up to a spa balcony outright we would have to pay more than what we just paid for the spa passes, so is not worth it. 

We were told we had to use our FCC from our POA cancellation on a single cruise fare only.  The most expensive non-haven was the spa balcony at the time.  Haven options were way more than our FCC so we decided to just go the spa balcony route instead.  If we were actually paying for it, we would have done a regular balcony and spa pass as well.

• Like 3

That's a deal!! We paid $199 for a week in the thermal spa on our seven night sailing. Thermal suite passes are $319 for our nine night sailing that starts Saturday.

Pay up - you're going to love it! The thalassaotherapy pools are about body temperature, so not too warm. You definitely won't work up a huge sweat. 

Have a grand time on the canal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mallow said:

We're currently in a midship balcony and are bidding on Haven Courtyard and Penthouse suites and a Haven Spa suite.  Had the option to bid on a spa balcony which starts at $150/person but am concerned about potential noise since they're below the spa and fitness area. One of our Celebrity Aquaclass rooms was below the pool and we were woken up evenings and mornings by staff moving the furniture.  Never again!

6 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We were on the Star last week and their pass for 10 days was $250 pp with pre booking.   It is an older ship and their thermal suit a bit smaller and less grand than the new ones but all the necessary elements were in place.  The thalosso pool is not overly hot, but the sauna was far too hot.  The heated loungers are so soothing to my aging joints.  If you DH isn’t a spa person, than treat yourself and send him off to enjoy his special interests.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 🤗

We were on the July 25 and Aug. 4 Star sailings and paid only about $135 each/per sailing for our Thermal Spa passes. Both were 10 day cruises. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, BirdTravels said:

Yes, it is a lot of money and NCL has been jacking up the prices since restart.  A 7-day cruise pass is now selling for $336 on the newer ships. So, $60 more for triple the number of days, it is not "bad". As we have got older and less mobile, we always sail with a Thermal Suite pass to get into the hot, bubbling hydrotherapy pool. 

@BirdTravels - a few weeks (months?) ago you posted a chart with each of the ships and their spa costs based on length of cruise.  Can you repost that?  I know the prices can change, but would sure love to have that chart.  

On 8/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, smillerholmes said:

@BirdTravels - a few weeks (months?) ago you posted a chart with each of the ships and their spa costs based on length of cruise.  Can you repost that?  I know the prices can change, but would sure love to have that chart.  

well we have always done cruises over 14 days and before the Pandemic the most expensive spa pass we paid was 299. Now we just paid 399 for 16 days, the price has definitely gone up. I guess it depends on the ship.