Unsupervised testing now allowed?

Dwright826

7 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

Wait a minute. Am I reading that correctly? Just write your name and the date in a piece of paper?1838184925_Screenshot_20220830-1936072.thumb.png.f313fe19bc444fcf14390752b41c3d43.png

That's an interesting way to kinda sort of get around some of the fake photos of test results that would otherwise be presented.  It's not perfect, but I guess it's good enough.  We'll see.

8 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

Wait a minute. Am I reading that correctly? Just write your name and the date in a piece of paper?1838184925_Screenshot_20220830-1936072.thumb.png.f313fe19bc444fcf14390752b41c3d43.png

Yep, you are reading that right.  

Why they are even bothering is beyond me, but you are 100% correct about how you are interpreting that.

• Like 1

good I am glad it is like this. I know some people arent honest, but my family is. I hope they take testing away finally overall. Doesnt make sense that hubby and I dont have to test by my kiddos do. Either way, one, a few, or all of us could and can get covid at any point regardless of having the vaccine or not. 

• Like 2

It's all a charade and has been for quite some time...before Omicron we could say the testing was working to keep COVID off the ships. But now the virus is just too prevalent to be stopped or slowed.

The good thing is - pretty much everyone on the globe has had COVID in 2022 so we all have some level of immunity, whether vaccinated or not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just talked to a rep at Carnival rep and he said that, no you cannot show up with a unsupervised home test that it must be proctored.  I agree with everyone that testing is ridiculous at this point.  I also want to add that there website information is NOT CLEAR and i did stress that to the rep.  

5 minutes ago, boogity said:

I just talked to a rep at Carnival rep and he said that, no you cannot show up with a unsupervised home test that it must be proctored.  I agree with everyone that testing is ridiculous at this point.  I also want to add that there website information is NOT CLEAR and i did stress that to the rep.  

That's true for now but won't be true after labor day.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, boogity said:

The new protocol roles out next week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boogity said:

Call 5 times... get 5 different answers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ThaNectar said:

Call 5 times... get 5 different answers 

A friend called Carnival last week and asked about current requirements.  The rep stated that masks are still a requirement onboard...ridiculous!

Edited by pmms052999

8 minutes ago, pmms052999 said:

A friend called Carnival last week and asked about current requirements.  The rep stated that masks are still a requirement onboard...ridiculous!

Why call when everything is on the website? Waste of everyone's time.

We will need a new thread when the new protocol goes into effect and see how the experience went at the port for check in with the unsupervised tests.  Personally, I will be doing both (supervised and unsupervised), as well as bringing more tests with me just in case someone at check in doesn't know what is going on.

• Like 2