FAO: UK/ROI bookings only - drinks package offer

15 hours ago, HighlandBoy said:

A big thank you to the OP for posting this. Just called up and after explaining to the agent about the new sale he checked with his supervisor and we bagged the deal. Much better that the cruise planner sale just now that was £73.53 pppd.

Did they advise if it had to be for everyone in the cabin?  We are D+ so it would be good to get it for one of us and use the 10 combined free drinks per day for the other person.

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

Did they advise if it had to be for everyone in the cabin?  We are D+ so it would be good to get it for one of us and use the 10 combined free drinks per day for the other person.

Every person in the cabin has to have a package. One can buy the Deluxe and the other can buy the Refreshment which is also on sale at £20pppd. 

You get $140 worth of free drinks a day via D+…. ( Anthem prices) which is a decent perk imho! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

little britain, thanks for the heads up on this. I've just rung Cruise 118 and the person I spoke to knew about this. He said he's instructing RCI to add it to our booking. He said RCI are responding quite quickly and we'll receive an updated confirmation shortly. We're Diamond members so get 4 free drinks per day anyway, but I used a couple of online drinks calculators to double check if the £43 per day was worth paying and they both came out as us being better off getting this drinks package whether or not it's a sea day.  So again, thank you! 😊

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

little britain, thanks for the heads up on this. I've just rung Cruise 118 and the person I spoke to knew about this. He said he's instructing RCI to add it to our booking. He said RCI are responding quite quickly and we'll receive an updated confirmation shortly. We're Diamond members so get 4 free drinks per day anyway, but I used a couple of online drinks calculators to double check if the £43 per day was worth paying and they both came out as us being better off getting this drinks package whether or not it's a sea day.  So again, thank you! 😊

You can buy me a drink if we ever overlap! 🥂

• Haha 1

Just got the refreshment package for my mom for her room for our oasis trip in feb. Couldn't get it for mine and wifes room as i didnt want it so by the rules she couldnt have it. Cheaper for her to buy it herself on the cruise planner and me to have no package or just soda package. But a good deal for those who both want a package.

I rang RC who told me I must go through my travel agent (I booked via sea scanner).

When I contacted SSC they informed me they were German based so I go under the local German offers. So I cant avail even though I live in, and booked from, Ireland. 

Slightly annoying as its near a €500 saving for a couple overall

Edited by clane222

Thanks for highlighting this offer. After an hour long wait on the phone to be connected, I spoke to a customer service advisor who quickly applied this offer to our 12 night sailing on Anthem next year.  

I didn’t even have to mention the offer, as soon as I mentioned drinks package offer the agent immediately applied the  £43 per person per night rate and as you report, nothing to pay until invoice due date.

😀

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Just got the refreshment package for my mom for her room for our oasis trip in feb. Couldn't get it for mine and wifes room as i didnt want it so by the rules she couldnt have it. Cheaper for her to buy it herself on the cruise planner and me to have no package or just soda package. But a good deal for those who both want a package.

I don't know if this is a US/UK thing but refreshment packages usually doesn't require both adults in the cabin to buy it,  only the alcohol package.

18 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Only alcohol packages are required to be purchased by all guests in the same cabin, refreshment and soda can be purchaesd independently.

(Or one alcohol and one refreshment by request)

Edited by icsys

35 minutes ago, clane222 said:

I rang RC who told me I must go through my travel agent (I booked via sea scanner).

When I contacted SSC they informed me they were German based so I go under the local German offers. So I cant avail even though I live in, and booked from, Ireland. 

Slightly annoying as its near a €500 saving for a couple overall

👋🏻 Also from Ireland. Sorry for the off topic post but curious why you used sea scanner? 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:24 PM, little britain said:

Sorry, I must have missed the bit where you said you were on 6n cruise. You’ll need to book another longer one! 

Sound advice, thank you 😊 

Our original booking was cancelled due to a reschedule on this ship and it was 8 nights and a better itinerary, so not having much luck at all. Hey ho!

Can I ask, has anyone had experience with cancelling DP to get a cheaper price? We've already paid £77pppd for upcoming ABC cruise in October but would save a bundle with this new price? 

Do RC make it difficult when you request this?

20 minutes ago, scotty74 said:

Can I ask, has anyone had experience with cancelling DP to get a cheaper price? We've already paid £77pppd for upcoming ABC cruise in October but would save a bundle with this new price? 

Do RC make it difficult when you request this?

No, just cancel Via your planner first.  Very easy ! 

15 hours ago, icsys said:

Only alcohol packages are required to be purchased by all guests in the same cabin, refreshment and soda can be purchaesd independently.

(Or one alcohol and one refreshment by request)

Not so. My SIL, who is travelling with her husband in the cabin next to ours, wanted to buy the refreshment package. She was told by her TA that she couldn't unless her husband bought it too. 

36 minutes ago, gingerpeaches said:

Not so. My SIL, who is travelling with her husband in the cabin next to ours, wanted to buy the refreshment package. She was told by her TA that she couldn't unless her husband bought it too. 

The Refreshment is only £20pppd and covers a lot more than soda: such as coffees, fresh juices, Virgin cocktails etc- if he wants alcohol he can just buy the shot to put in the non alcoholic drink? 

Edited by little britain

Looks a great deal, hope they offer Australians similar in the near future; do you have to pay the 18% gratuity on top though? That would make it just over 50 Pounds.

One thing with all Australian bookings is the gratuity is always included due to our consumer laws; the package here today on looking is around A$105 a day (about US$72 or 62 UK Pounds) but includes that 18%

Edited by Hammer61

2 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Looks a great deal, hope they offer Australians similar in the near future; do you have to pay the 18% gratuity on top though? That would make it just over 50 Pounds.

One thing with all Australian bookings is the gratuity is always included due to our consumer laws; the package here is around A$105 a day (about US$72 or 62 UK Pounds) but includes that 18%

Prices also have to include the 18% here too…

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Prices also have to include the 18% here too…

Great deal then either way but with Grats included....👍 lucky Brits!!! Maybe with the $US so strong they need to offer incentives to get people booking, think it is having a negative impact especially with the $US being the onboard currency.

We would certainly think twice before booking RCI again if this dollar strength stays especially as Princess and Carnival have $A pricing when down under. 

18 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I don't know if this is a US/UK thing but refreshment packages usually doesn't require both adults in the cabin to buy it,  only the alcohol package.

Yeah thats correct when you buy off the planner but for this phone deal you have to have the same package. Silly really but its no big shakes for us. For those who drink alcohol its a significant saving.