Preziosa to Virtuosa change for April 2023. Awkward!!

sidekick180

Hi Everyone,

It looks like I might need to make a call to MSC next week.

I logged onto my account so I could check through the details of my cruise for 28th April 2023, only to find that my cruise has now changed ships from Preziosa to Virtuosa.

This wouldn't be an issue at all, because as far as I am aware, the Virtuosa is a better, more modern ship.

What I am really quite annoyed about, is the fact that the sailing is now two weeks earlier and departs on 14th April. Also, one of the port stops has been changed from Rotterdam to Cherbourg.

Absolutely gutted because we really wanted to go to Rotterdam. It's a port we haven't been to yet. We have visited Cherbourg twice already.

It also states on my booking page, that our cabins have not yet been allocated. I specifically chose cabins that we preferred on Preziosa because we wanted balcony midships cabins. I'm now concerned that we will be issued cabins that are either nothing like the balcony cabin locations we wanted, or possibly not even balcony cabins.

Has anyone else already contacted MSC about this particular cruise, and if so, did you get the answers you wanted? Many thanks

It happens our cruise to Norwayin August was changed to the Canaries. At least you have some of your ports.

Did also happen to us on a repositioning cruise complete change of ship and dates.You may ring them but won’t get far.

Edited by emmas gran

I think the problem is that both Preziosa and Grandiosa were supposed to be sailing from Southampton for a short time in April, now its just Virtuosa. Our May cruise is still showing as Grandiosa, expecting that to change soon.

Hope you get sorted.

I think we will probably still go on the replacement cruise, as long as they don't completely screw us over with a rubbish cabin and the loss of the premium drinks package, which was part of the deal when we booked Preziosa.

Our only other concern is how much of an impact it will have on the friends that we booked with. It will be their very first cruise, so not a great start for their introduction to cruising.

There is also the possibility that they might not be able to book the time off as it's two weeks before they should have been sailing.

I do feel sorry for those that are unable to change their plans to suit the new timings etc.

We will just consider ourselves fortunate enough to be able to go on a cruise. Especially with everything that is happening in the world at the moment.

15 hours ago, kernow said:

I think the problem is that both Preziosa and Grandiosa were supposed to be sailing from Southampton for a short time in April, now its just Virtuosa. Our May cruise is still showing as Grandiosa, expecting that to change soon.

Hope you get sorted.

Our Canary Islands cruise on 30th April is still showing as Grandiosa too. I’ve received notification about the change of ship for our December cruise on Preziosa but nothing so far for the April one. I guess we’ll just have to be patient 😬