Fall Foliage Cruises.

KNowme1st

Hey guys. Have done the regular cruises. Would love to do one of the Fall Foliage cruises.

I'm from back east, now in the SW, and sure miss the colors! 

Please tell me what ship you took.  what port. Dates. and any pros, cons and tips.

Thank you in advance

We did an Alaska cruise out of  Seattle a few years ago; 2nd week of Sept. on Carnival Legend. Loved it! We really didn't think about the colors; thought it might be too early. But we were pleasantly surprised by the amount of color we saw. I think the most we saw were bright yellows of what I think were aspen trees. Lots of late wild flowers were blooming and the lichens/mosses had also turned to their fall colors. The main place were got to experience the fall foliage was our port day in Skagway. We rented one of the very few available cars and drove up the Klondike Hwy into Canada (must have passport) up to Emerald Lake. The highway, then, was in great condition and there were very few cars. Literally saw maybe 15-20 all day. We had lunch at a little cafe in the middle of nowhere near Emerald Lake, then headed back to Skagway. There is a train excursion there, but we chose the rental car to have control over when/where we stopped. Below are a few of my Alaska pics. I saw some from another cruiser who went there 1-2 weeks after we were there, and there was a huge increase in fall leaf color when they were there....so last half of Sept had more color. I'm sure like everywhere, the leaf color varies from year to year!

We are doing a Canada (St. John, Halifax, Sydney) 7-day cruise out of NYC in a few weeks. We're curious as to how much color we may see! Whatever you choose, just have fun and enjoy!

P1010617.JPG

P1010660.JPG

P1010730.JPG

P1010750.JPG

• Like 1

You probably want one of the New England/ Canada Cruises. Cruises are happening now from NYC and Boston.  We are on Enchanted Princess and three of the places mention below are on the itinerary.  Peak weeks can vary and generally occur earlier the further north you travel. But generally, 2nd to 3rd week in October.  

https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/best-new-england-fall-foliage-destinations

here is another useful map 

https://newengland.com/seasons/fall/foliage/peak-fall-foliage-map/

• Like 1

We've done the RCI Canada/New England in early October out/in of Cape Liberty and will be doing the same 9 night itinerary in early Oct of 2023. The fall colors and this particular itinerary was just amazing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We did a wonderful Seabourn cruise from Montreal to Boston a few years ago. Loved Seabourn and this was one of the best cruises we ever took.   Our only problem:  We went the third week of September and the trees had not changed colors yet.  This year we are doing virtually the same cruise again, leaving October 16 From New York to Montreal.  

1 hour ago, JPH814 said:

We did a wonderful Seabourn cruise from Montreal to Boston a few years ago. Loved Seabourn and this was one of the best cruises we ever took.   Our only problem:  We went the third week of September and the trees had not changed colors yet.  This year we are doing virtually the same cruise again, leaving October 16 From New York to Montreal.  

Hope  all the leaves have not blown off in the storms  😉

You never know when the colours changes  it depends on the weather 

Enjoy