Tipping

jcool

Mat2000 - I received this email from RCB a couple of weeks back.  

"

As you prepare to set sail, we wanted to notify you of an update to our daily gratuity charges. As of September 7th, 2022, the automatic daily gratuity charge will increase from $14.50 to $16.00 per guest, per day for non-suite staterooms and from $17.50 to $18.50 per guest, per day for suites. The daily gratuity is shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants, and other hotel services teams.

If you’d like to pre-pray your gratuities at the current rate before your sailing, we’re happy to extend this opportunity to you. If you’d prefer to pay onboard, your gratuity charge will be applied to your onboard account at the new rate."  

Perhaps this is why.  Hope that helps.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McBlaze911 said:

Mat2000 - I received this email from RCB a couple of weeks back.  

"

As you prepare to set sail, we wanted to notify you of an update to our daily gratuity charges. As of September 7th, 2022, the automatic daily gratuity charge will increase from $14.50 to $16.00 per guest, per day for non-suite staterooms and from $17.50 to $18.50 per guest, per day for suites. The daily gratuity is shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants, and other hotel services teams.

If you’d like to pre-pray your gratuities at the current rate before your sailing, we’re happy to extend this opportunity to you. If you’d prefer to pay onboard, your gratuity charge will be applied to your onboard account at the new rate."  

Perhaps this is why.  Hope that helps.  

So blatantly shorting the “behind the scenes” workers?? <sarcasm>

• Haha 1

I booked a new cruise last week at next cruise desk.  Sailing is for fall 2023.

I was told and it shows on my invoice that by adding the tips to my booking now thar I will only pay $14.50/pp pd when I make my final payment next year.

If that's true then everyone reading this may want to add tips to their sailing tomorrow.

I usually pay onboard as I prefer to let my money make money for me, but I did it for this 12 night sailing.