Which Carnival Ship Is This?

ShakyBeef

While I've been sitting around the house, browsing Cruisecritic today, my DH has been out Marlin fishing in the Atlantic, off Ocean City, MD.  He just got home and was showing me fish pictures (yawn), when he pulled these ship pics up and told me the boat captain says "I see that d**n ship every Sunday".  DH is pretty certain the ship was headed south (out of New York or Bayonne, maybe) and they were way north of the Chesapeake Bay outlet, so it isn't Legend out of Baltimore.  I'm just curious, and I know I could look it up on one of the ship traffic sites, but I figured someone here could probably give me a quick answer.

So, for an Imaginary Ship on a Stick, who can tell me, which ship is this?

ND3_1220

ND3_1091

4 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

There are two possibilities: Magic is currently sailing from Bermuda to New York (docking Monday morning) and Legend is sailing from Baltimore to Boston (Canada itinerary). They'd both be north of Chesapeake at this point.

It could be Legend.  DH says it's very possible that he is wrong about it heading south.  It could have been going north.  But, Legend doesn't go by there "every Sunday", as the boat captain said this one does.  But then, the boat captain could be mistaken, as well.

if you zoom in, you can somewhat see the glass panels in the funnel. Only the spirit class ships like the Legend has this

on the magic, the waterworks area with the slides is more somewhat forward of the ship and not aft like this ship. more signs pointing to the legend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shof515 said:

if you zoom in, you can somewhat see the glass panels in the funnel. Only the spirit class ships like the Legend has this

on the magic, the waterworks area with the slides is more somewhat forward of the ship and not aft like this ship. more signs pointing to the legend

LOL, we were discovering that and posting at the same time.😁

7 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Yes, it is definitely Legend I recognize it.

Legend leaves from Baltimore every Sunday on 7 day cruises (except when it doesn't, does 6+8 sometimes)

Now I'm confused.  I believe everyone that it is Legend, but I guess it must have been headed back to Baltimore when DH saw it?  It was about 10:00 AM, 80 miles off coast.  It couldn't have left Baltimore yesterday and gotten to that point of the Ocean by that time. It generally leaves Baltimore at about 4:00 PM for its week-long Sunday-to-Sunday sailings, and doesn't get out of the Bay until around 11:00 or midnight.  So is the current sailing a longer cruise?  A Journeys New England Canada cruise, maybe?

2 minutes ago, cruisinpips said:

Legend is currently on an 8 day canada and New England cruise. Left Baltimore on 9/3, (Saturday), today is in Boston…. 

Thank you!  That makes sense.  So the fishing boat captain is mistaken about seeing it every Sunday.  'Cause most Sundays at that time Legend is docked at Baltimore doing turn around day.  Maybe he usually sees the New York ship doing its 7-day sailings down to the Caribbean and just assumed this was the same ship.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thank you!  That makes sense.  So the fishing boat captain is mistaken about seeing it every Sunday.  'Cause most Sundays at that time Legend is docked at Baltimore doing turn around day.  Maybe he usually sees the New York ship doing its 7-day sailings down to the Caribbean and just assumed this was the same ship.

New York does 8 day cruises to the Caribbean and 5-7 day cruises to the Bermuda. Now it will be doing 7 day cruises to Canada in a few weeks

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

New York does 8 day cruises to the Caribbean and 5-7 day cruises to the Bermuda. Now it will be doing 7 day cruises to Canada in a few weeks

So the captain is mistaken.  He probably sees some Carnival ship(s) at intervals that feel like "every Sunday," but really are not that regular.  I know for certain he isn't seeing Legend out there "every Sunday".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thank you!  Aren't you onboard Legend, right now?  I guess you would know, then.😎  Have a great cruise!🙂

Yes, we are. Legend is currently doing a string of 6 & 8 day cruises leaving every other Saturday, and every other Sunday. We left Baltimore on Saturday. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1