Covid test question.

Will be travelling on Majestic Princess Jan 29th next year. It appears that I must get a self administrred  RAT within 24 hours of embarkation.  My question is; does this test need to be proctored or can I just perform the test and take a picture of result as proof? If it requires a proctored test , where would I get this done in Auckland . I am flying from US arrivind day before embarkation. Any help is appreciated. 

By Australian rules, you just need to take the test and declare the result. No proctoring required, and a photo doesn't really prove anything anyway (I can find hundreds of photos of covid self-tests online).

Currently, you need to self test after arriving into New Zealand. I have seen no specific information about boarding requirements in New Zealand, but all cruises that will be departing Auckland through till March arrive into Australia, and will require that same pre-boarding self test.

Take advice on what Princess asks you to do, but it would seem to me that the New Zealand arrival test and the cruise pre-boarding test could both be satisfied by a single self test.

I think Princess will spell out what is required for your cruise closer to the date (it may lessen the requirement) but as mentioned at this stage in Australia  cruisers only need to take the test, and declare they are negative within 24 hours of the cruise, it doesn't  need to be witnessed by a pharmacist or recognised test company.

• Like 1

Currently, New Zealand Customs and Immigration ( air arrivals only) are issuing 5 pack RATs per person free of charge to all international arrivals. The requirements/recommendations are to test the day after arrival, and at day 5, and report if positive. This, of course, may change with which way Covid goes, but its nice to know that one does not have to incur any expense in respect of Covid testing.

• Like 3