How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

6 minutes ago, LBCABob said:

And that is exactly what I have done to get the summary webpage that does not have any way to initiate a change/delete.  Thanks for your time, anyway.

Weird. I just checked mine by going in on the upgrade link on my account and it worked for me. I am also on chrome, so I don't think it is a browser issue. Hope you are right and your upgrade is in process.

Since I have never used this bidding process before, I do not know exactly what to expect beyond what is described in the Princess website (i.e. get confirmation email, wait, get accepted email w/CC charge OR nothing).

The "Modify your offer" webpage gives correct info (Offer Details w/cruise information+date+duration+booking #; Pending with Your Offer $ and Upgrade Type) but no way that I can find to go to another step for making a change.

Perhaps having a TA booking with the "Do No Upgrade" box checked is blocking the bidding process?

OR, the Universe is telling me not to spend any more money on this cruise? 

2 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

Does everyone get the offer to bid on an upgrade? We cruise in November and I see that people have already made bids for cruises that month. We are in the U.K. if that makes a difference and our cabin is marked ' no upgrades'. 

If your cruise is PIF you can submit a bid when you log into your cruise personalizer online. 

1 hour ago, LBCABob said:

Just checked with my TA who tells me their bookings are eligible so I'm back to the Universe not wanting me to spend any more $ on this cruise.

Well, it is Universe 0, Princess 1

I just got my minimum bid accepted email and my CC has indeed been charged.

My "big box" TA has already sent me an updated Princess Booking Confirmation with my new cabin # (I hope he gets his commission on the upgrade cost).

It appears I was right with my guess that the bidding computer had "locked" my bid while it was being processed.

As the saying goes, "All's well that ends well." 

Bon Voyage, Everyone! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LBCABob said:

Well, it is Universe 0, Princess 1

I just got my minimum bid accepted email and my CC has indeed been charged.

My "big box" TA has already sent me an updated Princess Booking Confirmation with my new cabin # (I hope he gets his commission on the upgrade cost).

It appears I was right with my guess that the bidding computer had "locked" my bid while it was being processed.

As the saying goes, "All's well that ends well." 

Bon Voyage, Everyone! 

When are you sailing?

14 hours ago, cheetosrevil said:

If your cruise is PIF you can submit a bid when you log into your cruise personalizer online. 

Where will I find the bid option please? I am assuming PIF is paid in full? But I booked through a U.K. agent if that make a difference

7 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

Where will I find the bid option please? I am assuming PIF is paid in full? But I booked through a U.K. agent if that make a difference

I booked directly in the US so that’s my frame of reference. I would think you could still do the same in the UK, but not sure if your TA would have to do it for you.

Yes , PIF is paid in full…sorry bout that. Try logging into your Princess account online, select the trip you want, manage this booking, scroll down to Princess upgrade.

Not sure you’ll see that though since you didn’t book direct.

Our cruise is in November.

They 'appear' to have been sold out of Penthouses & above for quite awhile.

We have a regular Penthouse right where I want it, across from the lounge.

I have gotten 4 emails to bid on an Aft Penthouse for $100.

I do not want that & wish they would stop emailing me.

My thoughts on it is that those cabins are not in that much demand & they want my Penthouse for someone else to upgrade to.

21 hours ago, LBCABob said:

10/08 Sapphire Vancouver to LA

Made [minimum] bid yesterday afternoon so it was accepted in just under 24 hours.

We will be getting on the Sapphire when you get off. Hopefully we will hear good news soon on our upgrade bid. Keep her ship shape for us 😃

On 9/6/2022 at 3:17 PM, JimmyVWine said:

I don't think we have seen any reports of people with October cruises getting the invitation email yet.  That fact would seem to be telling. Maybe too much of a scramble for them.

We are doing a 5 day in late October and received the bidding email a few days ago.  There are no suites showing availability online so I am not sure if there are any, but we put in bids anyway!  We have a reserve mini as of now.

• Like 2

Sailing on the Crown 10/19, inside gty, bid $100 for upgrade to balcony; $5 above minimum. Notified today upgraded to BB, nice location on deck 11. Lot of empty cabins on that ship. I’d have happily bid to an even higher category but balcony was highest it would let me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We pre-paid our daily service charge  under the old rate of 14.50 usd a day last year. If we would be upgraded to a mini-suite, does anyone know if we would need to pay an additional?  1.00 usd a day or 2.50 a day? On a 28 day cruise, 56 dollars vs 140 dollars for the both of us may start to add up.

• Like 1

Sailing in exactly three weeks from today.  We have placed a couple of upgrade bids and so far have heard nothing, and the bidding for all cabin types above us is still open.  Anyone have a RECENT updates on how close to sailing they have been letting people know if they were successful or not?  Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffM1 said:

Sailing in exactly three weeks from today.  We have placed a couple of upgrade bids and so far have heard nothing, and the bidding for all cabin types above us is still open.  Anyone have a RECENT updates on how close to sailing they have been letting people know if they were successful or not?  Thanks!!!!

I got my upgrade about a month before sailing. I bumped my bid and heard within 24 hours. You might try going a tiny amount higher and see if that elevates you above everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wilsonhold said:

We pre-paid our daily service charge  under the old rate of 14.50 usd a day last year. If we would be upgraded to a mini-suite, does anyone know if we would need to pay an additional?  1.00 usd a day or 2.50 a day? On a 28 day cruise, 56 dollars vs 140 dollars for the both of us may start to add up.

Yes you pay whatever the new  daily service charge is associated with that cabin category. 

• Thanks 1

My bid was accepted 30-35 days prior to sailing (Sep 30).  FWIW I never received an email inviting me to bid, I just went to the website and made my bids when the bidding window opened.  I bid at the lower end of the "good" range.

• Thanks 1