Pre testing for Canadians on MSC

bob&france

I am interested to know as well. When we booked, all cruise lines required testing for embarkation. I figured we’d give MSC a try. As we near final payment and I see the requirement being dropped by other cruise lines, I am figuring I could cancel and book somewhere else where I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a place on road for testing while driving down to Miami from Quebec during the Holidays. 

I do have insurance so it’s not about that. It’s that I could have a worry-less drive if the requirement were dropped.

I even messaged MSC on Facebook regarding us, Canadians, who don’t have to test to enter into the States but (no surprise here) I didn’t get an answer. 

1 hour ago, Adia1979 said:

I am interested to know as well. When we booked, all cruise lines required testing for embarkation. I figured we’d give MSC a try. As we near final payment and I see the requirement being dropped by other cruise lines, I am figuring I could cancel and book somewhere else where I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a place on road for testing while driving down to Miami from Quebec during the Holidays. 

I do have insurance so it’s not about that. It’s that I could have a worry-less drive if the requirement were dropped.

I even messaged MSC on Facebook regarding us, Canadians, who don’t have to test to enter into the States but (no surprise here) I didn’t get an answer. 

Why should Canadians (and USA residents, for that matter) be treated differently from any other Nationality??

17 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Why should Canadians (and USA residents, for that matter) be treated differently from any other Nationality??

Exactly!

I can only imagine the hassle of someone flying internationally a few days before their cruise to enjoy the city and having to figure out where to get tested. This stress could be removed simply by lifting the test requirement. 

• Thanks 1

It is not just an MSC requirement - all the cruise lines have to abide by the rules of the various countries. Last Monday I booked a transatlantic crossing with Holland America for next month. 

I booked a Covid “screening” which was not the same as a “test”. Could not get the actual test done AND get to Europe a few days early. Not prepared to run around Amsterdam looking for a Covid test - assuming the airlines get me there a day early - virtual testing for me - sorry I will wait until these restrictions are over.

50 minutes ago, RD64 said:

It is not just an MSC requirement - all the cruise lines have to abide by the rules of the various countries. 

Then they should have a test requirement based on the countries in the itinerary. As it stands none of our stops require a test on entry. Not even the USA. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soccersharon said:

Huge disappointment!  I’m sailing MSC for the first time next month.  Thought I was done with testing.  Makes no sense to me.

Maybe then ask Canada to drop the test for people cruising into Canada.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

18 hours ago, bob&france said:

Any Canadian out there experienced the pre test requirement on MSC simply because your a resident of Canada ?

Bob

Why do we need a test to enter your country?  

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

There is no testing requirement for entering by land, air, yet it’s still there for cruising. I guess MSC is punishing us for keeping it 🤣

1 minute ago, awhcruiser said:

Why do we need a test to enter your country?  

Per Canada’s government website Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water.

Pretesting only stands for cruising. 

14 hours ago, Adia1979 said:

Exactly!

I can only imagine the hassle of someone flying internationally a few days before their cruise to enjoy the city and having to figure out where to get tested. This stress could be removed simply by lifting the test requirement. 

I've cruised twice during covid and had to do that.  And in one case, I had to get tested before going home as well.   
The availability of at home proctored tests has made it much simpler.  

We're from the UK. Been in Florida for a month and decided on another MSC cruise, thinking that the testing was over on the 5 dayers. Disappointed to say the least that we're being treated differently to US citizens and need a test. Tested ok this morning but this discrimination is bad. Makes no sense as not a govt. requirement and not the case on other lines. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Adia1979 said:

Per Canada’s government website Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water.

Pretesting only stands for cruising. 

Shouldn't need to