I e-mailed Jan Swartz regarding the current management and loss of Princess traditions, and.....

1emerald1

18 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I am in the process of becoming a travel agent and have no idea how I can actually sell this line with the horrible customer service so far

Surely as a TA you will use different contact numbers compared to the general public, plus have direct access to the Princess booking system ? 

• Like 1

Just found this thread.

Princess has been my number one cruise line....26 out of my 92 cruises to date. In 2021 I sailed on Celebrity Edge post Covid shut down as well as Windstar’s Breeze. I fully understood the impact of Covid and took things in stride. Then sailed on Sky Princess in Jan 2022... which turned out to be substandard for Princess. The ship was not full by any means, but staffing was really inadequate. Food quality was poor except for Crown Grill....so I dined there 5 nights in a row. The Grill staffing was inadequate to the point the restaurant manager brought my courses to my table.

But I don’t need much to be happy so I chalked it up to post Covid startup.

Then I cruised on the Caribbean Princess in June. I could not grasp how poor the experience was.....it made MSC look good.

I spoke with a senior staff officer at length about what’s going on.

The ship was full, staffing was 30% short, substandard food suppliers now under contract. Headquarters are ignoring onboard problems and new crew members are not being trained properly not to mention seasoned crew no longer working like they use to. These were his comments, not my opinions.

I observed some crew members killing themselves trying to handle passengers needs....god bless them.

I left the ship thinking I’m done with Princess. I’ve watched YouTube videos since then that repeated the same issues.

I started to think Carnival Corp might be letting Princess slip from premium to mass market.

I hope not.

So now I’ve booked the Sky for Dec 3rd and hope things are improving....

I just hope upper management doesn’t fill ships that are not staffed properly....the product suffers as well as the crew.

As NCL is moving from Mass market to premium with their new Prima class....will my loyalty switch? I hope not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the thread has basically changed into a discussion about dining, I’m going to go ahead and lock it since it’s not staying on topic. 

@1emerald1 thank you for sharing your letter and the response that you received from Princess.  It was great for you to let us all know. 

• Like 3