Live Blog: Reflection, Italy, Croatia and Montenegro. September 16-September 26.

calicakes

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I always laugh when someone orders the Ricotta Cheese Cake.  What comes out is small 3 cheese cake balls rolled in crumb.  

Yep, Julie was excepting a slice of cheesecake.  She enjoyed the ricotta balls though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

We spent the majority of the day at the pool.  I won a few prize tickets in "guess the name of the song and artist".   After lunch at OV, we got off and walked into the port to pick up a few gifts for people at home.  The prices are higher than in Corfu, so if you want to Greek Olive Oil, I'd pick it up in Corfu.   

We were just delivered a cheese plate with Carr's entertaining cracker assortment.( will post pic later). 

One thing I've noticed at OV, they have changed the tuna from Albacore to chunk light( what I call "cat food tuna".  I'm sad about that because I always enjoyed a scoop of tuna salad on my garden salad at lunch.  I can't eat that chunk light tuna.  This is where my food pickiness shows. 

Ugh.. we call that tuna " Charlie!"  Really a big cutback..we will pass in any of that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Does it come with premium?  Why would they take 300 bucks from me? 

If you originally booked a suite, and it was not a move up offer or bid, the Suites come with premium Wi-Fi, premium drinks package, a nice OBC and prepaid gratuities. Your invoice from Celebrity should verify that you have premium wi-fi and you need to talk with the retreat concierge about a refund.  BTW we use the retreat concierge for all billing issues while onboard, saves a lot of time in line with guest services.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

terrydx - I was going to say the same thing as I wondered if they had a move-up offer!  After reading that she paid for a wi-fi upgrade, I looked at all of my X cruises and 3 invoices reflected surf.  I've only sailed in a suite on X and took for granted that the wi-fi was premium.  My TA reconfirmed my wi-fi and corrected my invoices.  I wondered if X was lowering the suite perks...fortunately not!

Edited by shirazcruiser

9 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

terrydx - I was going to say the same thing as I wondered if they had a move-up offer!  After reading that she paid for a wi-fi upgrade, I looked at all of my X cruises and 3 invoices reflected surf.  I've only sailed in a suite on X and took for granted that the wi-fi was premium.  My TA reconfirmed my wi-fi and corrected my invoices.  I wondered if X was lowering the suite perks...fortunately not!

Our last 3 cruises were all in a suite and we had the Premium Wi-Fi and our 4 futures cruises are in suites. In all cases the invoice says "YVY9-INTERNETSAV1" . I have not heard or seen any changes to the Retreat included amenities.

Edited by terrydtx

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our last 3 cruises were all in a suite and we had the Premium Wi-Fi and our 4 futures cruises are in suites. In all cases the invoice says "YVZ4-INTERNETSAV1" . I have not heard or seen any changes to the Retreat included amenities.

My TA invoice says "INTERNETSAV"

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

What internet did you upgrade to when Sky Suites come with Premium Streaming Wi-Fi? 

Yay, you are CORRECT!!  Thank you.  I just spoke with the Retreat Host and he confirmed that I do have premium.  He said I  upgraded it before the cruise began( I did, because I had 1k of non refundable OBC).  They are refunding it back to our account.   Funny how no one tells you that upfront.  They just allow you to book it again. 

• Like 1

Wow, not only do I have premium, John( retreat host) just called back to tell me that Julie also has premium internet.  It only took 3 days to figure that out.   She's happy, she can catch up on the good reads site.  

11 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Yay, you are CORRECT!!  Thank you.  I just spoke with the Retreat Host and he confirmed that I do have premium.  He said I  upgraded it before the cruise began( I did, because I had 1k of non refundable OBC).  They are refunding it back to our account.   Funny how no one tells you that upfront.  They just allow you to book it again. 

Then there are times when the price fairy drops your cruise by putting on a magical "wavesave1500."  Glad you were able to get that taken care of and use it in the spa, or for something else. There are so many strange things that happen with cruises and bookings...you have to be educated on everything.  That's where CC comes in handy.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Good news, BTW if you have any left over OBC like we did, I bought 3 very nice Tommy Bahama shirts from the ship's store at a competitive price from buying direct with TB.

Edited by terrydtx

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

God news, BTW if you have any left over OBC like we did, I bought 3 very nice Tommy Bahama shirts from the ship's store at a competitive price from buying direct with TB.

Thanks.  

1 minute ago, calicakes said:

Nothing on the Luminae spoke to us, so we just went to OV for dinner.  We tried one bite of 2 different desserts and then said NO.  Both terrible.  We just ordered dessert from Luminae from our butler. 

You can also order from the MDR menu in Luminae, if nothing speaks to you. 

13 minutes ago, calicakes said:

So happy!  I hope you have a great cruise - I'm following since you're visiting a few ports we haven't been to and are on our upcoming cruises.  

4 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Wow, not only do I have premium, John( retreat host) just called back to tell me that Julie also has premium internet.  It only took 3 days to figure that out.   She's happy, she can catch up on the good reads site.  

All people in a suite are supposed to get the same premium amenities. We are taking our 12 year old granddaughter on the equinox next June and she gets the premium wi-fi and the non alcohol beverage package included with our suite.

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

All people in a suite are supposed to get the same premium amenities. We are taking our 12 year old granddaughter on the equinox next June and she gets the premium wi-fi and the non alcohol beverage package included with our suite.

I'm sure your granddaughter is going to be thrilled with her own premium Internet.

I tried some of the roast turkey from the buffet it was pretty good.  The fresh vegetables are cooked well. I could not finish this plate of food.

The 2 deserts from luminae were both  very good. A Passion fruit soufflé  and a milk chocolate brownie.  I was surprised that the soufflé is actually a soufflé. 

20220919_181228.jpg

20220919_190007.jpg

4 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I'm sure your granddaughter is going to be thrilled with her own premium Internet.

We are not too thrilled and are debating whether we will tell her about the free wi-fi, LOL On the sea days we want her to enjoy the kids club and we will keep her busy with shore excursions. 

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Were masks required on tour buses like HOHO or public transportation in Rome or the ports you have visited so far?  

Last month masks were required in public transportation like buses and all trains in Italy.  Even a couple of our private car transports required masks be worn. Not all of the Reflection shore excursions buses required masks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Were masks required on tour buses like HOHO or public transportation in Rome or the ports you have visited so far?  

We did not take any public transportation while we were in Rome. We did not have to wear masks in any Uber, or taxi, or limo to the port.

• Like 1