The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 7th, 2022

richwmn

9 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There is nowhere to move our bed.  The cleanup will take quite a while.  I just cannot believe this whole thing.

How awful, I'm so sorry you're going through this!  Would it be possible to go to a hotel?  When this happened to my neighbor their insurance paid for them to stay in a hotel until their home was more livable.  Would that be a possibility?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

How awful, I'm so sorry you're going through this!  Would it be possible to go to a hotel?  When this happened to my neighbor their insurance paid for them to stay in a hotel until their home was more livable.  Would that be a possibility?

We are trying to do that.  Tried to get in touch with the claims rep all day.  Never returned my calls.

Very frustrating.

Terri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We are trying to do that.  Tried to get in touch with the claims rep all day.  Never returned my calls.

Very frustrating.

Terri

Stay vigilant with the insurance (sounds like you are without needing my 2 cents).  They should definitely have you in a hotel, and it sounds like you’ll be comfortable with the contractor you’ve selected, so you won’t have to be overseeing every detail of the repairs yourself (and hopefully won’t impact your planned upcoming travel 🙏).  You just need to weather this initial ‘storm’. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/updated-covid-19-booster-shots-are-now-available-heres-what-you-need-to-know Per this pbs report, the initial bivalent vaccines were targeted against the original virus and BA1. They were rejected by the FDA, who asked them to target BA4 and BA5. It's my understanding that both vaccines do target the new variants.

Interesting!  In Canada the Moderna is bivalent against the original and BA1 

Health Canada authorizes first bivalent COVID-19 booster for adults 18 years and older

Statement

September 1, 2022 | Ottawa, ON | Health Canada

Today, Health Canada authorized an adapted version of the Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine (known as a "bivalent" vaccine) targets the original SARS-CoV-2 virus from 2019 and the Omicron (BA.1) variant, and is authorized for use as a booster dose in individuals 18 years of age or older.

This is the first bivalent COVID-19 vaccine authorized in Canada and marks a milestone in Canada's response to COVID-19.

After a thorough and independent scientific review of the evidence, Health Canada has determined that the bivalent Moderna Spikevax booster is safe and effective. Clinical trial results showed that a booster dose of the bivalent Moderna Spikevax vaccine triggers a strong immune response against both Omicron (BA.1) and the original SARS-CoV-2 virus strain. It was also found to generate a good immune response against the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, and is expected to extend the durability of protection.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2