Jump to content

Ponta Delgada Azores Excursion Recommendations


Rainbow3fe
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi 

    It appears that our Celebrity Edge cruise is stopping at Ponta Delgada, Azores. 

     Does anyone have a recommendation for a wonderful day trip. The island looks amazing. 

Thanks in advance, 

Felice 

Edited by Rainbow3fe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might want to check out the other recent Azores threads for info.

 

My recommendation is a half day tour of the island to see the Crater Lakes. Then spend the second half exploring the town. Maybe see if there is a walking tour you can take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Azorean Tours, Gary Travassos, has several shore excursion tours specifically for cruisers. We did tour #7 in September. Price was less than the ship, in a small group - we missed all the masses of people and went places the buses couldn't go. Highly recommend.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, movingimages said:

Azorean Tours, Gary Travassos, has several shore excursion tours specifically for cruisers. We did tour #7 in September. Price was less than the ship, in a small group - we missed all the masses of people and went places the buses couldn't go. Highly recommend.

This looks nice. 

Anyone have any other recommendations??????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 6:12 PM, skiiergirl said:

This looks nice. 

Anyone have any other recommendations??????

We did Tour #1 with Green Visions Tours. It was an AMAZING day! We felt like we were being shown around by a friend.

We are going back to Ponta Delgada in April & are touring with Green Visions again.

You will love Ponta Delgada. It is GORGEOUS! 
 

https://greenvisionstours.com/en/tours/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

We did Tour #1 with Green Visions Tours. It was an AMAZING day! We felt like we were being shown around by a friend.

We are going back to Ponta Delgada in April & are touring with Green Visions again.

You will love Ponta Delgada. It is GORGEOUS! 
 

https://greenvisionstours.com/en/tours/

I will check it out. Thanks so much!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Bumping this thread as I researching this port for a TA in the fall. 

Still waiting for a response to an email I sent Green Visions inquiring about a tour with a person with mobility issues.  

Any other ideas appreciated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, Mimiya11 said:

Bumping this thread as I researching this port for a TA in the fall. 

Still waiting for a response to an email I sent Green Visions inquiring about a tour with a person with mobility issues.  

Any other ideas appreciated.  

I, too, am waiting for a response from Green Visions.  All I need for now is the cost.  If I don't hear back within the next couple of days, I will be looking elsewhere

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi 

    It appears that our Celebrity Edge cruise is stopping at Ponta Delgada, Azores. 

     Does anyone have a recommendation for a wonderful day trip. The island looks amazing. 

Thanks in advance, 

Felice 

I spent a week and had a rental car with half the time in Furnas at the hot springs and half in the city.  Loved it.  I wouldn’t miss the twin lakes.  Furnas is on the other side of the island from the twin lakes.  I guess it depends on how much time you have and which direction you want to go.  The first day of our arrival I had hired a woman taxi tour to give us a tour and history, basically the lay of the land so we would feel comfortable driving.  Very informative and as I remember not too expensive.  Sorry, I wish I could remember her name. 

 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi 

    It appears that our Celebrity Edge cruise is stopping at Ponta Delgada, Azores. 

     Does anyone have a recommendation for a wonderful day trip. The island looks amazing. 

Thanks in advance, 

Felice 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, krueg2828 said:

I spent a week and had a rental car with half the time in Furnas at the hot springs and half in the city.  Loved it.  I wouldn’t miss the twin lakes.  Furnas is on the other side of the island from the twin lakes.  I guess it depends on how much time you have and which direction you want to go.  The first day of our arrival I had hired a woman taxi tour to give us a tour and history, basically the lay of the land so we would feel comfortable driving.  Very informative and as I remember not too expensive.  Sorry, I wish I could remember her name. 

 

 

@krueg2828 That was a brainstorm of an idea to hire the taxi to give you some historical context and lay of the land! I’ll have to remember that for future - thanks! 🏆🌟

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, nickysmom said:

Can you walk from the Port in Ponta Del Gada, or is it steep or too far to do on your own?

 

The port is at the city, you just walk past the local boats and you're in the city center. No more than 10 minutes if your a slow walker 😀
 

we just walked to the end of the pier and picked up a taxi, then on return had him drop us off in front if the main square. Unfortunately most businesses were closed when we were there (Saturday), so we just looked at outside of buildings popped in a grocery for wine and then ate a late lunch before reboarding.

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Special Event: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises
      • Hurricane Zone 2024
      • Cruise Insurance Q&A w/ Steve Dasseos of Tripinsurancestore.com Summer 2024
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...