PCR Test - 72 hours or 3 days?

Retired2016Cruiser

The PGC website says PCR Covid test must be completed within 72 hours of “boarding”   I called PGC to confirm boarding time for purpose of the 72 hrs and was told requirement was 3 days, not a strict 72 hours. I emailed PGC to confirm 3 days & response was that it was a strict 72 hrs. 

Does anyone have experience or other info on this? Would love to get the test before we leave but due to flight times & layover, but probably won’t meet a strict 72. hours. 

Edited by Retired2016Cruiser
Typo

This kind of question comes up a lot and, sad to say, I don't know how you can get a definitive answer.  Even if someone says they were able to board with >72 hours but within the 3 days, that only speaks to the person checking them in on that day.  Just as you got conflicting answers from the phone rep and the email rep, shoreside reps may be operating with different rules.  It's a mess!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This kind of question comes up a lot and, sad to say, I don't know how you can get a definitive answer.  Even if someone says they were able to board with >72 hours but within the 3 days, that only speaks to the person checking them in on that day.  Just as you got conflicting answers from the phone rep and the email rep, shoreside reps may be operating with different rules.  It's a mess!

True. Kind of hoped these types of issues would have been resolved by now. But probably not worth the risk to cut it close. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, FlightMedic555 said:

For our June cruise there were some people who showed up without any test (no PCR nor Antigen test).  The PG had set up a location on the dock and did a quick, no charge, antigen test.

Interestingly I was told it was $25 ... and it was meant for those having issues with their flight times to have a test in the allotted time. If your their with plenty of time to go the ILM lab or a pharmacy they expected you to do so. Just saying what I've been told  ... believe me I have it in writing and I will bring a copy of such.