Cruise leaves on a Saturday? Take test Wed? Fully vaxxed

KyloRen

1 hour ago, KyloRen said:

Just want to get my test done with as early as possible. It says 4 days for fully vaxxed does that Mean I can take my Covid test On wed?

Thanks! 

Two days. They don’t want you to test too early. Saturday does not count so I believe that would be Thursday. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KyloRen said:

Just want to get my test done with as early as possible. It says 4 days for fully vaxxed does that Mean I can take my Covid test On wed?

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, KyloRen said:

Anyone used Onpoint for the Bermuda travel authorization?

If you're using a self test proctored by OnPoint or a similar provider you will be taking an antigen test and it must be done no more than two days prior to departure, so no earlier than Thursday for a Saturday departure.

NAAT tests such as PCR can be performed up to four days prior to departure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

NAAT tests such as PCR can be performed up to four days prior to departure.

Yes, according to Bermuda.  Royal Caribbean says differently, and they're the ones who will be deciding whether you get to board.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

31 minutes ago, snaebyllej said:

Yes, according to Bermuda.  Royal Caribbean says differently, and they're the ones who will be deciding whether you get to board.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

Bermuda is deciding. Royal Caribbean has to follow Bermuda's requirements. Bermuda protocols overide Royal's requirements. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Bermuda is deciding. Royal Caribbean has to follow Bermuda's requirements. Bermuda protocols overide Royal's requirements. 

Actually I agree with what  the poster to whom you responded said.

Although I suspect Royal Caribbean intended to follow Bermuda's rules and has misstated them on their website, because Royal's rules are  more stringent than Bermuda's you have to follow Royal's version . In other word's Royal's version satisfies Bermuda's requirements but Bermuda's doesn't satisfy Royal's requirement...so you have to follow the set of rules that satisfies both parties, and that is Royal's version.

I wonder if Royal is actually enforcing their apparently misstated rule, but without knowing for sure you have to adhere to what they're saying.

This has happened earlier this year. NCL 's rule was more restrictive than Bermuda's, so NCL's rule had to be followed. That is not the case in the latest version of NCL's rules, which duplicate Bermuda's.

Okay, I need help ASAP so I can schedule.  I know this sounds dumb, but I want to make SURE I do it right!  Leaving Sat. 9/24-arrival at ship 10-10:30.  I should take the test Thursday BUT 1st appt. is 11:45.  This is technically LESS than 2 days.  Do they count the HOURS or just the DAYS?  Can I make 11:45 Thursday???  TIA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Okay, I need help ASAP so I can schedule.  I know this sounds dumb, but I want to make SURE I do it right!  Leaving Sat. 9/24-arrival at ship 10-10:30.  I should take the test Thursday BUT 1st appt. is 11:45.  This is technically LESS than 2 days.  Do they count the HOURS or just the DAYS?  Can I make 11:45 Thursday???  TIA

They count days. They don't count hours. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, Crusin Karen said:

I’m assuming you are on the carnival Miracle to?

Man this is so inconvenient for me! I’m gonna end up testing 6 people in a Hotel room at 8pm in Nyc. Urggg

On 9/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, KyloRen said:

I’m assuming you are on the carnival Miracle to?

Man this is so inconvenient for me! I’m gonna end up testing 6 people in a Hotel room at 8pm in Nyc. Urggg

No, CCL Magic to Bermuda 9/24.  Is there a difference between tests?  PCR is $200 antigen is $60.  Sent TA 5 days ago-haven't heard but they acknowledged they received it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

No, CCL Magic to Bermuda 9/24.  Is there a difference between tests?  PCR is $200 antigen is $60.  Sent TA 5 days ago-haven't heard but they acknowledged they received it. 

Magic yeah! Oops, lol miricle is here in Los Angeles I think. I do not like that boat. I hear the Magic is much nicer.

I’m in the same boat as you with the TA but i sent it in on Aug 24th at the 30d Mark

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, snaebyllej said:

I wish Royal would go along with the 4 day PCR test like Bermuda will accept.

• Like 1

Okay, I KNOW I'm OBSESSING, but......I have PCR test scheduled for Wednesday 9/21-my cruise is Saturday 9/24.  IS THIS OK???  Also I sent in my TA on 9/7.  Was OBSESSING about that too.  Got it yesterday 😁   Please help an obsessive lady out!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Okay, I KNOW I'm OBSESSING, but......I have PCR test scheduled for Wednesday 9/21-my cruise is Saturday 9/24.  IS THIS OK???  Also I sent in my TA on 9/7.  Was OBSESSING about that too.  Got it yesterday 😁   Please help an obsessive lady out!

You're on Carnival and you're vaccinated? If yes, a PCR no more than 4 days before embarkation is fine.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

Testing Requirements for Bermuda, Canada, Greece, Spain and Cruises of 16 Nights or More (unsupervised self-tests are not accepted)
  • Bermuda: Vaccinated guests age 2 years and older, and unvaccinated children ages 2-11 travelling with fully vaccinated parents/guardians, have to present a PCR test taken 4 days before sailing or an antigen test within 2 days.