Another which cruise would you pick thread...

PrincessArlena'sDad

9 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I’d like to see overnights at HMC (on ship of course) and have like 3 or 4 days there. I know most people would be bored out of their minds but that would be heaven to me. 

I was just mentioning to DH the other day that Carnival should try this out. It would be a great option for people who like to spend long weekends at the beach in Florida or the Gulf Coast.

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

how about a Caribbean sampler? Start it from Miami and go to every port with a dock (and a few that don't, like HMC), starting with Nassau, heading east, then south, then west, then north, then back to Miami.  I'm too lazy to spell out all the ports (sorry), but it could weigh in at somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks.

Because I have too much time on my hands, here's a course that I think is reasonable that weighs at 33 days.  Go ahead and substitute some close by islands in your fantasy itinerary:

Day 1 embark Miami

Day 2 Nassau

Day 3 Freeport

Day 4 Princess Cays/HMC

Day 5 Grand Turk

Day 6 Amber Cove

Day 7 San Juan

Day 8 St. Croix

Day 9 Tortola

Day 10 Sint Maarten

Day 11 St. Kitts

Day 12 Antigua

Day 13 St. Lucia

Day 14 Dominica

Day 15 Barbados

Day 16 Grenada

Day 17 Scarborough, Tobago

Day 18 at sea

Day 19 La Romana, DR

Day 20 at sea

Day 21 Santa Marta, Colombia

Day 22 Cartagena

Day 23 Panama Canal (partial transit)

Day 24 Limon, CR

Day 25 at sea

Day 26 Grand Cayman

Day 27 some stop in Jamaica (Ocho Rios/Montego Bay/Falmouth/the new one near Kingston?)

Day 28 at sea

Day 29 Costa Maya

Day 30 Belize

Day 31 Cozumel

Day 32 at sea

Day 33 disembark Miami

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Because I have too much time on my hands, here's a course that I think is reasonable that weighs at 33 days.  Go ahead and substitute some close by islands in your fantasy itinerary:

Day 1 embark Miami

Day 2 Nassau

Day 3 Freeport

Day 4 Princess Cays/HMC

Day 5 Grand Turk

Day 6 Amber Cove

Day 7 San Juan

Day 8 St. Croix

Day 9 Tortola

Day 10 Sint Maarten

Day 11 St. Kitts

Day 12 Antigua

Day 13 St. Lucia

Day 14 Dominica

Day 15 Barbados

Day 16 Grenada

Day 18 at sea

Day 19 La Romana, DR

Day 20 at sea

Day 21 Santa Marta, Colombia

Day 22 Cartagena

Day 24 Limon, CR

Day 25 at sea

Day 26 Grand Cayman

Day 27 some stop in Jamaica (Ocho Rios/Montego Bay/Falmouth/the new one near Kingston?)

Day 28 at sea

Day 29 Costa Maya

Day 30 Belize

Day 31 Cozumel

Day 32 at sea

Day 33 disembark Miami

Thanks for this template! 😁  OK, I'll have some fun with customizing it for my tastes:

Day 1 embark Baltimore

Day 2 Nassau

Day 3 Freeport

Day 4 Princess Cays/HMC

Day 5 Grand Turk

Day 6 Amber Cove

Day 7 San Juan

Day 8 St. Croix

Day 9 Tortola

Day 10 Sint Maarten

Day 11 St. Kitts

Day 12 Antigua

Day 13 St. Lucia

Day 14 Dominica

Day 15 Barbados

Day 16 Grenada

Day 18 at sea

Day 19 La Romana, DR

Day 20 at sea

Day 21 at sea

Day 22 at sea

Day 24 Limon, CR

Day 25 at sea

Day 26 Grand Cayman

Day 27  at sea

Day 28 at sea

Day 29 Belize

Day 30 at sea

Day 31 at sea

Day 32 at sea

Day 33 disembark Baltimore

I removed the ports of call that I don't want to visit, replacing them with At Sea days.  To make this itinerary even close to possible (getting to and from Baltimore), I realize some of those At Sea days would have to be shifted from the middle of the cruise to the beginning, but I got lazy with the editing.😄

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for this template! 😁  OK, I'll have some fun with customizing it for my tastes:

Day 1 embark Baltimore

Day 2 Nassau

Day 3 Freeport

Day 4 Princess Cays/HMC

Day 5 Grand Turk

Day 6 Amber Cove

Day 7 San Juan

Day 8 St. Croix

Day 9 Tortola

Day 10 Sint Maarten

Day 11 St. Kitts

Day 12 Antigua

Day 13 St. Lucia

Day 14 Dominica

Day 15 Barbados

Day 16 Grenada

Day 18 at sea

Day 19 La Romana, DR

Day 20 at sea

Day 21 at sea

Day 22 at sea

Day 24 Limon, CR

Day 25 at sea

Day 26 Grand Cayman

Day 27  at sea

Day 28 at sea

Day 29 Belize

Day 30 at sea

Day 31 at sea

Day 32 at sea

Day 33 disembark Baltimore

I removed the ports of call that I don't want to visit, replacing them with At Sea days.  To make this itinerary even close to possible (getting to and from Baltimore), I realize some of those At Sea days would have to be shifted from the middle of the cruise to the beginning, but I got lazy with the editing.😄

You'll need two sea days to get to any of the stops in the Bahamas from Baltimore.  And now I realize I forgot about the ABCs in my itinerary, which I think are definitely worth visiting.  I'm too lazy to revise the itinerary I posted.☹️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

You'll need two sea days to get to any of the stops in the Bahamas from Baltimore.  And now I realize I forgot about the ABCs in my itinerary, which I think are definitely worth visiting.  I'm too lazy to revise the itinerary I posted.☹️

Good point about the ABCs!  Funny, I didn't even notice they were missing, either.  How about replacing the Panama Canal with the ABCs?

30 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Good point about the ABCs!  Funny, I didn't even notice they were missing, either.  How about replacing the Panama Canal with the ABCs?

In your itinerary, you're welcome to do so, but the ABCs are a convenient gateway to the Canal and the Western Caribbean.  

• Like 1

14-Day One way Los Angeles to Honolulu, Hawaii including three overnight ports.

Or Honolulu, Hawaii to Los Angeles

Day 1:

Los Angeles (Long Beach) depart 4:00 PM

Day 2:

Ensenada, Mexico arrive 8:00 AM - depart 8:00 PM

Day 3-6:

Fun Day At Sea

Day 7-8:

Maui (Kahului) arrive 10:00 AM – (overnight) depart 11:00 PM

Day 9:

Lanai  arrive 9:00 AM - depart 11:00 PM

Day 10-11:

Kauai (Nawiliwili) arrive 7:30 AM – (overnight) depart 11:00 PM

Day 12:

Kona arrive 9:00 AM - depart 9:00 PM

Day 13-14:

Hilo arrive 8:00 AM - (overnight) depart 9:00 PM

Day 15:

Honolulu  arrive 8:00 AM

• Like 2

Wow, you guys are good! There are some really great fantasy itineraries.  I saw a lot of people had HMC, GT, Aruba, curaçao on their list.  I put a deposit down on a cruise leaving 1/13/2024 out of Miami.  It goes to HMC, Grand Turk, sea day, Aruba, Curaçao, then 2 sea days back to Miami,.  Those are some of my favorite ports to visit.  I just wish it was on a better ship, it’s on the carnival magic.   I do also wish carnival would go to Tortola, I’ve never been there.   Thanks for the fun thread, it’s been fun reading all the itineraries.  

• Like 2

My cruise that included Tortola was on RCI.  I almost died from a reaction to an Atlantic box jelly sting and so I didn't see much more of this lovely island than the Emergency Room.  I really want to go back and see what else is there.😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

Wow, you guys are good! There are some really great fantasy itineraries.  I saw a lot of people had HMC, GT, Aruba, curaçao on their list.  I put a deposit down on a cruise leaving 1/13/2024 out of Miami.  It goes to HMC, Grand Turk, sea day, Aruba, Curaçao, then 2 sea days back to Miami,.  Those are some of my favorite ports to visit.  I just wish it was on a better ship, it’s on the carnival magic.   I do also wish carnival would go to Tortola, I’ve never been there.   Thanks for the fun thread, it’s been fun reading all the itineraries.  

That sounds like a great itinerary.  If I had the availability I would book it myself.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:11 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I've done several of the Carnival itineraries of my dreams.  I've done San Juan round trip to the Eastern Caribbean multiple times, I've done Hawaii from Vancouver, I've done the Eastern Caribbean from Miami round trip, and I've visited the ABC Islands (though not all three in the same trip)

Let's design a B2B A/B Eastern Caribbean run:

Cruise 1 -> San Juan, St. Thomas, at sea, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Sint Maarten, San Juan

Cruise 2 -> San Juan, St. Croix, at sea, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, Sint Maarten, San Juan

Or if I'm really dreaming, how about a Caribbean sampler? Start it from Miami and go to every port with a dock (and a few that don't, like HMC), starting with Nassau, heading east, then south, then west, then north, then back to Miami.  I'm too lazy to spell out all the ports (sorry), but it could weigh in at somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks.

Sign me up! 

• Like 1

Here's a cruise that might fit some people's fantasies that Brand Ambassador John Heald announced this morning.  It's a 14-day cruise on the Dream from Galveston that goes to the Eastern Caribbean.  Here's the itinerary that Mr. Heald posted:

• Carnival Journeys: 14-Day Exotic Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Galveston, FL (Saturday departure)
2024: 10/19/2024
2025: 01/11/2025
Sat Galveston, TX 6:00 PM
Sun "Fun Day" At Sea
Mon Key West, FL 12:00 PM 6:00 PM
Tue "Fun Day" At Sea
Wed Grand Turk 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thu San Juan, Puerto Rico 12:00 PM 8:00 PM
Fri St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sat St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sun St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Mon St. Croix, USVI 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tue "Fun Day" At Sea
Wed Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thu "Fun Day" At Sea
Fri "Fun Day" At Sea
Sat Galveston, TX 8:00 AM
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Here's a cruise that might fit some people's fantasies that Brand Ambassador John Heald announced this morning.  It's a 14-day cruise on the Dream from Galveston that goes to the Eastern Caribbean.  Here's the itinerary that Mr. Heald posted:

• Carnival Journeys: 14-Day Exotic Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Galveston, FL (Saturday departure)
2024: 10/19/2024
2025: 01/11/2025
Sat Galveston, TX 6:00 PM
Sun "Fun Day" At Sea
Mon Key West, FL 12:00 PM 6:00 PM
Tue "Fun Day" At Sea
Wed Grand Turk 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thu San Juan, Puerto Rico 12:00 PM 8:00 PM
Fri St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sat St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sun St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Mon St. Croix, USVI 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tue "Fun Day" At Sea
Wed Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thu "Fun Day" At Sea
Fri "Fun Day" At Sea
Sat Galveston, TX 8:00 AM

Put this itinerary on the Vista and I’d be interested.

So easy. Departs and returns to Chicago.  Stops at Sturgeon Bay / Door County, WI; Mackinac Island; and Muskegon, MI.  Build it on the lake, leave it on on the lake. Run it six months a year.  I do realize winter lay up might be a problem and crewing the ship would be a massive problem, but that was not part of the question.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

So easy. Departs and returns to Chicago.  Stops at Sturgeon Bay / Door County, WI; Mackinac Island; and Muskegon, MI.  Build it on the lake, leave it on on the lake. Run it six months a year.  I do realize winter lay up might be a problem and crewing the ship would be a massive problem, but that was not part of the question.

That one sounds appealing to me, especially since it would necessarily be on a small (hopefully balcony-heavy) ship (like a mini Spirit Class?😄).  The biggest problem I see with this particular fun fantasy is the cost prohibitive-ness of only being able to do all-U.S. port cruises.  Wouldn't it have to be a U.S. flagged ship, then, and only employ U.S. crew?  So, higher wages and higher operating costs, like the U.S. river cruise boats?  I admit, I don't know all the ins and outs of that.  Anyway, it's a fun idea and fun to dream.😄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

That one sounds appealing to me, especially since it would necessarily be on a small (hopefully balcony-heavy) ship (like a mini Spirit Class?😄).  The biggest problem I see with this particular fun fantasy is the cost prohibitive-ness of only being able to do all-U.S. port cruises.  Wouldn't it have to be a U.S. flagged ship, then, and only employ U.S. crew?  So, higher wages and higher operating costs, like the U.S. river cruise boats?  I admit, I don't know all the ins and outs of that.  Anyway, it's a fun idea and fun to dream.😄

Yes, it’s entirely impractical if not impossible economically. And actually I was thinking Oasis size (yes I know Carnival ain’t got some o’ those) since it never leaves Lake Michigan and can use tenders at ports. 

But we’re just playing an imagination game here.

• Haha 2

My favorite so far has been the Fascination out of Puerto Rico. Went to St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten. I would do that again if it ever comes available again. At that time there was an added port for one of the sailings around Christmas stopping at St Croix.

I have an NCL cruise booked in 2024 which is similar with a couple of different ports which are new to us as well. Looking forward to that!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, May1cruiser said:

Mardi Gras- 9 days. southern Caribbean to include St Kitts and ABC islands. 

Need 9 days on Mardi Gras to eat all food offerings. 

I know these don't exist but, why not?

How about an eight day on the Celebration visiting the ABC's out of Miami with two sea days on the front and back end that does exist?   9/9/23.

Day 1: Embark any port;

Day 2: Sea Day;

Day n [Note 1]: Debark any port;

[Note 1]: n = any integer between 7 and 30, inclusive;

We like to find quiet views, occasionally eat, drink, talk; Read tons;

If we run into land we'll look around, find quiet views, occasionally eat, drink, and talk; Read tons;

• Like 1
  • Haha 1