Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

I had pretty low expectations for Canada. I know this is just a technical stop to check a box on a legal form. I expected a tourist center with some tourist traps and. It much else.

My very low expectations were way way too high. There was one shop open with a line that quite literally wrapped around the entire length of the store.

20220919_233759-X2.jpg

I heard town was a 30 minute walk but nothing was open but a couple bars. I don't knownof that was accurate but I didn't bother just turned around and returned to the ship.

Back onboard now and probably in the room for the night although I may go out for a late night snack. I ate light at dinner in case I found something i wanted to try in port.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

Good morning. I'm up earlier than I need to be. Repacked this morning and I'm gonna go grab some frozen yogurt for breakfast.

We meet in the theater at 9am to checkin for our next cruise.

They seem to be pretty efficient with this whole moving cabins thing since so many ppl lost their cabins. They have delivered us numbered luggage tags and our new cabin number is written on the back. 

• Like 1

My mom and I both moved up levels this cruise. I did not expect either to be correct so I'm a little worried hers is platinum and mine is still platinum.

I have exactly 200 days and I have checked and double checked And it says platinum is 75-199 and diamond starts at 200, not 201. 

Guest services said they can check after the new voyage is loaded.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My mom and I both moved up levels this cruise. I did not expect either to be correct so I'm a little worried hers is platinum and mine is still platinum.

I have exactly 200 days and I have checked and double checked And it says platinum is 75-199 and diamond starts at 200, not 201. 

Guest services said they can check after the new voyage is loaded.

Definitely follow up with Guest Services.  You should be Diamond and receive the "perks" (not many - lol) that come along with it.  Unlimited laundry was fantastic for us, and you get a "free" dinner (we went to the steakhouse) also.  The Diamond party was nicer than the Platinum one - finger foods were good.

14 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I had pretty low expectations for Canada. I know this is just a technical stop to check a box on a legal form. I expected a tourist center with some tourist traps and. It much else.

My very low expectations were way way too high. There was one shop open with a line that quite literally wrapped around the entire length of the store.

20220919_233759-X2.jpg

I heard town was a 30 minute walk but nothing was open but a couple bars. I don't knownof that was accurate but I didn't bother just turned around and returned to the ship.

Back onboard now and probably in the room for the night although I may go out for a late night snack. I ate light at dinner in case I found something i wanted to try in port.

I'm actually so happy you have this picture! It was the same way on our cruise, the line was INSANE and it looked (through the windows) like it was front-to-back and shoulder-to-shoulder and no way in HECK did we want to set foot in there! Heck, I'll buy some maple syrup from Amazon if I have to! 😄

For what it's worth, if you ever have another technical stop in Victoria in the future....... on our Monday 9/5 stop from 8pm-midnight (all aboard at 11:30) I'd spied (on the internet) a nearby little restaurant to try and we skipped dinner on the ship and decided to go for that. Well, nearby wasn't quite as nearby as I thought, but it was a beautiful night and a nice walk and we got there before they closed. Heron Rock Bistro. The food was great (fish & chips, POUTINE!, and a fabulous Caesar's salad with BACON!), the beers were very nice, servers were friendly and funny, and we thoroughly enjoyed our little sojourn. Walked back to port a bit more leisurely than we'd hiked at the start, enjoyed seeing flowers and neighborhoods and just really had a great time. We spent a week in Vic one early summer and love the place.

Have to agree with you on the Char Sui Chicken at Chopsticks, I've been Jonesing for it ever since I tried it! Enjoying the review!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseMGM said:

I'm actually so happy you have this picture! It was the same way on our cruise, the line was INSANE and it looked (through the windows) like it was front-to-back and shoulder-to-shoulder and no way in HECK did we want to set foot in there! Heck, I'll buy some maple syrup from Amazon if I have to! 😄

For what it's worth, if you ever have another technical stop in Victoria in the future....... on our Monday 9/5 stop from 8pm-midnight (all aboard at 11:30) I'd spied (on the internet) a nearby little restaurant to try and we skipped dinner on the ship and decided to go for that. Well, nearby wasn't quite as nearby as I thought, but it was a beautiful night and a nice walk and we got there before they closed. Heron Rock Bistro. The food was great (fish & chips, POUTINE!, and a fabulous Caesar's salad with BACON!), the beers were very nice, servers were friendly and funny, and we thoroughly enjoyed our little sojourn. Walked back to port a bit more leisurely than we'd hiked at the start, enjoyed seeing flowers and neighborhoods and just really had a great time. We spent a week in Vic one early summer and love the place.

Have to agree with you on the Char Sui Chicken at Chopsticks, I've been Jonesing for it ever since I tried it! Enjoying the review!

I'll give that a try next time. I was actually doing some research for some place to try poutine and I read something that made a lot of sense. Ordering poutine in Victoria is like ordering a Philly cheese steak in Seattle. Thy might serve it, but it's not necessarily authentic. So I abandoned that idea but I still want to try it just have to wait till I hit eastern Canada.

I can't wait for that char sui chicken to come around again 😋

• Haha 1

And we are caught back up. Dinner is on a 20-30 minute wait tonight. I'm sitting in the waiting area outside the MDR waiting for my app to buzz.

New stuart this week is off to a rocky start. There was hair on the nightstand next to my bed. I checked the rest of the cabin after that and it appears to be the only oversight.

Then when we asked for ice he told us we would need to call room service. We politely mentioned we got it last week and he said he would try.

He did return with the ice bucket. It's still early and the big test will be if we get our PM service as requested 😆

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for the beautiful scenery pics and the great live review so far!!

Hubby loves baked Alaska, he’s gonna be disappointed in the new version I think. 😞

I love the burger at Seaday brunch, hoping it’ll be good on MG in November! 

Usually they burger is so good but it was overdone and dry on here.

17 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m glad you and your mom both got your new Diamond/Platinum cards.  

Thanks 😁