Ok Rci....listen Up!!!!

Danno

We, the X loyalists, want to make you aware of some very fine employees who make our short cruise vacations, special. We demand you take five minutes out of your corperate grinds, to pat them on the back and say "good job"

My two

Mike the Wine Steward from India.

Zoran our waiter from Masadonia.

It would also enjoy it if the staff had business cards that simply had their name and position...a keepsake and a nice way to communicate to management the names of those who impress us.

(please feel free to add to this list :D )

Milan, Waiter on Zenith from Bosnia

Juan, Asst Waiter..forgive me, can't remember what country

he is from.

2nd Danno about Zoran.....waiter on Century from 2005

Diego past waiter on Century too (Columbia)

Aslan, Asst from Turkey.

These 2 were my very first set of wait staff on my first X cruise.

I just saw them both on Zenith:) they set the bar high! And Aslan is a full waiter now!

Jackviston, waiter on SUMMIT from India.

Dan, I could go on and on.....the bartenders....

specifically Erol on Century and Sudi on Connie:D

Great idea, Danno. I'd like to add my favorites...

From Zenith:

Alan from Croatia, Waiter

Keith from Nicaragua, Asst. Waiter

Melwyn from India, Waiter

Lester from Guatemala, Waiter

They are all excellent servers who go above and beyond...but more than that they are all wonderful, wonderful people. We still keep in touch with some and hope to see them again soon on Zenith :)

BTW, they were all mentioned on the comment cards. And one of them got a special letter written to Celebrity Customer Service.

Hi Everyone !

Here are my Picks for "The Oceans of Fame" of Celebrity Officers & Staff

Captain Nicholas Pagonis - Captain - (Century)

Captain Terry Konstantinides - Captain - (Formerly Century)

Danny Ilias - Hotel Manager (Summit)

Niina - Hotel Manager (Currently on Infinity ?)

Camilla Sullivan - Captains Club Hostess (Current Ship Unknown)

Yanni - Chief Houskeeper (Century)

Jana Knitl - (Best Housekeeper We Ever Had) - Housekeeper (Summit)

Allan King - Cruise Director - Century

John Howell - Cruise Director - (Formerly Summit - Not sure of Current Ship)

Jorge Samores - Restaurant Manager - (Formerly Century)

Sasha - Assistant Maitre'd (Current Ship Unknown)

Shadi - Assistant Maitre'd (Current Ship Unknown)

Radu - Assistant Maitre'd (Century)

Decklin Ribero - (Century)

Diego From Columbia (Same Pick as Lois) - Waiter (Formerly Century, Current Ship Unknown)

Martin From India - Waiter (Century)

Cyril - Waiter (Formerly Summit)

If anyone can fill in the blanks, on where some of these great folks are located now, that would be great.

Hi Host Andy.....

Ditto for:

Niina - Hotel Director - who left the Infinity for vacation Febraury 12; when she returns, the Constellation is hers.

Shadi is now Restaurant Manager - Millennium....formerly Summit

Also from the Millie:

Mario - Dubrovnik - Waiter

Marechio - Columbia (?) - Sommellier

Janna (Zanna) - Lithuania - Sommellier

Steven - Asst Maitre'd - Scotland

Infinity:

Maria - Chief Concierge - Hong Kong

Hubert Buelacher - Hotel Director - Austria

Angel - Specialty Restaurant Manager - Malaga, Spain

Christian - Specialty Rest Ass't Maitre'd - Germany

Ricardo - Martin Bar Manager

So many more who deserve special recognition for making our cruises so much more enjoyable ! Thanx.........

M&M's

Janna (Zanna) - Lithuania - Sommellier

Hi - Great idea for a thread, Danno!

I want to second the vote for Zanna, aka, "the Okey-Dokey Girl" (she called herself that!). We had the pleasure of her service with a smile on Millennium in November. Did you know that she does haunting sketches and portraits?

Also on Millennium in November, Mansur, from Turkey, a waiter in the Olympic Restaurant.

From Infinity as of last September: Tony Ruskus, Maitre de Rang in the S.S. United States Restaurant.

David Cole, Cruise Director on Mercury in fall, 2003 - current ship unknown.

The only thing I regret about this thread is SO MANY fine crew will go unmeantioned...either I can't recall their names (they need business cards) or we simply haven't crossed paths.

I really do think cards would a be nice touch.

Dan, great thread..thank you:)

I keep thinking of more people.

When I sailed Mercury we had a wonderful waiter....Phil, if you

are around....remember Tweety? Dahling....... LOL

And Ruby...our Asst Maitr'd on Constellation. She was outstanding.

And my very first cabin attendant.......Shawn on Century.

And have remained friends with him for the past 3 years!

Business cards......Dan, I work for a paperwholesaler!

Here's my vote for Century 02/18/06 - 02/27/06

Vasant - our butler

Imade and Nevada - our waiter and assistant waiter.

The best service we have had on ALL of our cruises with Celebrity.

:) I must mention "Boban" and "Stanley" on the Summit in October, 2005. John Howell, a true gentleman and the wonderful, happy faces of all of our servers in the buffet area (so many of whom were so nice and helpful)! Kudos to the wonderful staff in the bars and especially the gentle folks in the Normandie Restaurant.....you are all the reason why we want to come back again and again! See you in September.;)

Roz

I have a couple of names to add from our recent cruise:

Keith (butler) from India

Hurst (waiter) from Jamaica

The service provided by these two gentlemen has completely sold us on Celebrity!

Hi, it is definitely Zoran. I had him last year..Yes he looked strong

and was from Masadonia too.

If you want to see if it is the same waiter, check out my webshots

below. Click on Century March 2005. He is in some of the photos.

Eduardo/and assistant waiter on the Zenith 12/3/05

Pasqual /and assistant Cabin Steward Zenith " "

I'll add my Century picks in a few weeks..

And maybe I should find Goran or Zoran to tell him how he is loved on the board.

our vote,,,Summit, Dec.03,,,Juan, from Uruguay,,,he was wonderful, we were a table of twelve and he knew all our names after the first night, had so many laughs with him.

Also last year Dec.04 on the Millie, Lidia,cabin attendant, she too was great...

Ann

Hi Everyone !

Here are my Picks for "The Oceans of Fame" of Celebrity Officers & Staff

Captain Nicholas Pagonis - Captain - (Century)

Captain Terry Konstantinides - Captain - (Formerly Century)

Danny Ilias - Hotel Manager (Summit)

Niina - Hotel Manager (Currently on Infinity ?)

Camilla Sullivan - Captains Club Hostess (Current Ship Unknown)

Yanni - Chief Houskeeper (Century)

Jana Knitl - (Best Housekeeper We Ever Had) - Housekeeper (Summit)

Allan King - Cruise Director - Century

John Howell - Cruise Director - (Formerly Summit - Not sure of Current Ship)

Jorge Samores - Restaurant Manager - (Formerly Century)

Sasha - Assistant Maitre'd (Current Ship Unknown)

Shadi - Assistant Maitre'd (Current Ship Unknown)

Radu - Assistant Maitre'd (Century)

Decklin Ribero - (Century)

Diego From Columbia (Same Pick as Lois) - Waiter (Formerly Century, Current Ship Unknown)

Martin From India - Waiter (Century)

Cyril - Waiter (Formerly Summit)

If anyone can fill in the blanks, on where some of these great folks are located now, that would be great.

I was on Millennium in the Med in May I think 2002 0r was it 2003. I had the misfortune to have an accident and I was angered by the manner this was dealt with. I had no intention of making any claim against the company but they were immediately defensive and all I simply wanted was for someone to say they were sorry. I had been seen on 3 occassions by the Ships Dr who was very kind to me. My problem was with the security officer who talked nonsense and when I then asked to see the Staff Captain they really messed me around. Telling me that he could not be contacted when the previous day an appt. had been arranged. To cut a long story short I then had a meeting with the Captain the Staff Captain the Hotel Director and the Dr was also present at my request. I was very much in control of what happened. This accident had happened on the 3rd day of the cruise and it was now the 10th day of a 12 day cruise.

I was so angry that I told them a few home truths about the morality of how much they pay their staff ie waiters and cabin staff in particular.

I then went on to say that Celebrity were the only cruise line I had travelled with who charged people to become members of their Captain's club. Having cruised with them previously I was already a member. This went on for some considerable time and the Captain did apologise and my answer was that it was too little too late. As the cruise had progressed I had become sleep deprived and I felt ill and had lost a considerable amount of weight. I was asked by the Hotel Director what I would like him to do and I once again stated that this was now the end of the holiday and I wanted nothing more than to get home.

News of my rant must have reached some of the other staff as my waiter said to me (He was a Pole and wonderful) I AM PROUD OF YOU! I came home recked but after some time put it behind me and have cruised with Princess since.

I had a cruise booked on Constellation for September which I told them I was going to cancel and that I would not consider travelling with them ever again. I did cancel this cruise and here I am 3 years later booked on Galaxy.

The end result was that on the return flight from Venice to London every passenger was given a letter to say that membership of the Captain's Club would be complementary. This would also explain that founder members enjoy benefits not available to classic members who have joined after a specific date.

The Social Hostess had said to me that it was sorted and I did not know what WAS SORTED but presumely in the interim a decision was made and I have no doubt this was as a result of the RANT I had at them.

Whether I am a fool or not remains to be seen and whilst my daughter knows I am going on a cruise again I have not told her it is with Celebrity.My spectacles has been damaged and I had a temporary repair in Santorini and I was told by the Senior Purser to have them replaced and send the bill to Celebrity. When I did so they failed to respond to my letter and I then wrote to RCI Headquarters in Miami. After a few telephone calls to Jack Williams Office I did receive a letter from him referring the matter back to the UK office.

No one was prepared to write a letter and the matter was dealt with by telephone call from Customer Services Manager and I was informed that

Patrick Ryan's Secretary was listening to this conversation. I had no intention of taking legal action but it was obvious that they did not want to put anything in writing whatsoever. They did reimburse me for the cost of the spectacles but made no reference to the accident when the cheque was sent to me. JACK WILLIAMS DID STATE THAT HE HOPED I WOULD CRUISE WITH CELEBRITY IN THE FUTURE.

For my sins I am not sure that I have made the best decision as they have lost my baggage twice but surely this time I will have better luck.

Sorry for this long winded post. Just thought it might be of interest in relation to the Captain's Club. Hope they take up your suggestion as I feel it is an excellent idea.

Sue

Business cards are usually only offered by employers to executives or key personnel. In keeping with this idea though....in the alternate, I imagine if the service was bad, someone may demand a business card as well.....:(

That would not be as gratifying...

Dan...do you provide biz cards with your individual staff's name to offer as a method to promote them and expand your customer service/loyalty base for your business?

If you want to recognize those who have served you well, please mention them by name on your comment cards. They do get read and the staff earn individual ratings. That is how they get promoted.. and receive renewals on their contracts.

Archived