Same category, same sailing. price drop $408.06 will I lose my Shipboard credit?

happyboomer

We are booked for a May 13th sailing on the Silhouette. When we booked we got a $400 shipboard credit with our promotion. Then they were offering $100 more SB credit on another promotion. I got them to up our SB credit so now we have $500. Today the price of our cabin category dropped. The cabin 2 doors down is now $408.06 cheaper than what we paid and they are offering $400 SB credit. If I request the price drop price will they take away my current SB credit? I don't want to be greedy but if I can get the lower price and still keep our $500 or if they gave the difference in more SB credit that would be great. I have never asked for a price reduction before. Advice please and thank you!

2 hours ago, Retired888 said:

They will probably reprice stateroom based on the current price and promo, which means SB credit of $400 instead of $500.

Correct.   Only time you retain OBC when re-pricing is if it onboard booking OBC.   Shareholder benefit can be retained but it's most often dropped and you have to re-apply.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

If I'm understanding correctly, you will lose a difference of $100 OBC but will gain a price drop of $400. Still worth it because you come out $300 ahead. 

I called last night and despite being on the phone for almost two hours (!!!) he found  an even better deal  for us. Since I am a Florida resident he found a Florida rate.  He priced my exact cabin with all included, as I originally purchased. Our original price was $8,720.84 and now it is $7,203.84, so it is $1,516.96. We did lose our $500.00 credit but still ahead by $1,000.00! Pays to sit on hold sometimes. I am hoping our excursions and dinner I reserved with our former credit are still there since we still want those. I am guessing they will charge my credit card on file now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, happyboomer said:

I am hoping our excursions and dinner I reserved with our former credit are still there since we still want those. I am guessing they will charge my credit card on file now.

You won't lose those.  I expect the charges will show up on your shipboard account since the crusle planner doesn't actually keep a credit card on file.  I'd hotfoot it over the cruise planner to make sure it's all there, though.

Just for future reference, a refare always involves losing whatever promotion you booked under originally.  You gain whatever promotion you are switching to.  

Nice score!

5 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

You won't lose those.  I expect the charges will show up on your shipboard account since the crusle planner doesn't actually keep a credit card on file.  I'd hotfoot it over the cruise planner to make sure it's all there, though.

Just for future reference, a refare always involves losing whatever promotion you booked under originally.  You gain whatever promotion you are switching to.  

Nice score!

Thanks for the information, I assumed they would just charge my card, now I know! I did check the planner and they are there. My new invoice is showing the credit for our wifi, gratuities, and beverage package but not seeing it anywhere when I log in. I guess I have the invoice to prove we have it if it never shows up online. I confirmed several times with the agent we would still have them and he said yes everything would be the same but the OBC. Hoping my good luck is not to good to be true!

8 minutes ago, happyboomer said:

Thanks for the information, I assumed they would just charge my card, now I know! I did check the planner and they are there. My new invoice is showing the credit for our wifi, gratuities, and beverage package but not seeing it anywhere when I log in. I guess I have the invoice to prove we have it if it never shows up online. I confirmed several times with the agent we would still have them and he said yes everything would be the same but the OBC. Hoping my good luck is not to good to be true!

Your wifi and drink package show up in your cruise planner under "order history," but it may take a few days for it to show up after your refare (and it may be longer since your sailing is several months from now).  Regardless, you should be good to go if it's on your invoice.

Gratuities should show up under "Manage Reservation" when you're looking at your Upcoming Cruises.

• Like 1