On the Beyond does the Magic Carpet block balcony access?

Salf777

So we booked our first Celebrity cruise and are very excited to go on the Beyond. We booked a sky suite so we could have Retreat access. We were out to dinner with some friends last night who just got off a celebrity cruise and booked the beyond for their next trip while they were onboard. They said they were told while making their booking onboard that they did not want to be in a suite along the path of the Magic Carpet because the balcony will not be accessible at certain times. We looked at the deck plans and our room is right smack in the path of the Magic Carpet. Does anyone know if this is correct? We use our balcony an awful lot and will be upset to board and then find this out

Thank you

• Haha 1

I have been on Edge and Apex and will be on Beyond in November.  I believe the only time a Sky Suite balcony would be blocked would be when the Magic Carpet is going from it primary location adjacent to the pool deck (Deck 14) down to serve as a disembarkation deck (Deck 5).  The Magic Carpet does not go up and down while the ship is moving.  In fact, I've never seen it lowered on the three Edge class ships I've been on.  I do not believe that any of the Sky Suites would be blocked by the Magic Carpet although cabins on Deck 12 starboard side of the ship may be in the shadow of the Magic Carpet when it's overhead.

Here's a good photo showing the Magic Carpet on Deck 14 (pool deck).

image.thumb.jpeg.74fb84d52244f6b3f600325e33ed52db.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Host Anne said:

I have been on Edge and Apex and will be on Beyond in November.  I believe the only time a Sky Suite balcony would be blocked would be when the Magic Carpet is going from it primary location adjacent to the pool deck (Deck 14) down to serve as a disembarkation deck (Deck 5).  The Magic Carpet does not go up and down while the ship is moving.  In fact, I've never seen it lowered on the three Edge class ships I've been on.  I do not believe that any of the Sky Suites would be blocked by the Magic Carpet although cabins on Deck 12 starboard side of the ship may be in the shadow of the Magic Carpet when it's overhead.

We have also seen the Magic Carpet hibernate on deck 15 (Edge), used as tender dock on 2 and dining location on deck 5 (Beyond) on chic nights. as well as its usual location on deck 14. If there is a restricted view I imagine it will be for suite guests on deck 6 looking at its roof while on deck 5.

RX302524 copys.jpg

RX600306s.jpg

RX602464rms.jpg

• Like 3

I sailed Edge in March and had a Sky Suite on the Magic Carpet path. We were in the one most forward and really enjoyed it because it had a window (glass) so you could see ahead without leaning out over the balcony. Also, we had rain one morning and the glass blocked our balcony from getting wet. I would book that suite again or the last one for the rear window. 

• Like 2

The Magic Carpet moving doesn’t impact the use of the balcony.  The Magic Carpet is on the exterior and access to the balcony is from your cabin. When the MC moves there are no people on it and all supplies are put away.  As it moves up or down it takes about a minute to go past a balcony.  

Here it is passing our Suite

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The Magic Carpet moving doesn’t impact the use of the balcony.  The Magic Carpet is on the exterior and access to the balcony is from your cabin. When the MC moves there are no people on it and all supplies are put away.  As it moves up or down it takes about a minute to go past a balcony.  

Here it is passing our Suite

AB1A08BF-C0CB-433F-A2A1-2CFE8A1BF9DC.MOV

Thats awesome Thank you!

• 4 months later...

We are on beyond and booked in room 11202 and I understand the magic carpet is usually “parked” on deck 14 and there is no deck 13 so my question is do you hear people from the magic carpet on deck 11 and the length is longer then just those 5 suites so will it go past our concierge room?  I’m obviously very confused🤷‍♀️  Thanks  

7 hours ago, Jruns said:

do you hear people from the magic carpet on deck 11 ... will it go past our concierge room?

When MC is on 14, you'll be just as likely to hear the passengers on the pool deck as those on the MC.  And, if you'll look at the photo @Host Anne posted and compare it to the deck plan, it's pretty clear the MC will pass forward of your cabin.  I'm curious why it would even matter if it goes past your cabin?

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

When MC is on 14, you'll be just as likely to hear the passengers on the pool deck as those on the MC.  And, if you'll look at the photo @Host Anne posted and compare it to the deck plan, it's pretty clear the MC will pass forward of your cabin.  I'm curious why it would even matter if it goes past your cabin?

I actually think it would be kind of cool if it passed our cabin!!  Actually, I am concerned with noise from the magic carpet since it does “overhang”. I have sailed on the edge before but I didn’t stay that close to the magic carpet.   I never thought with a floor buffer (floor 12) I would hear shuffling from the pool🤷‍♀️. Thanks for your reply!!