Voom surf and stream (and another question)

ceo418

We board Adventure of the Seas on Thursday! I just purchased a Voom surf and stream package for my husband to use on his phone. When will he be able to connect to that?

Also, are we allowed to bring purchased food back on board in American or Canadian ports? I'm thinking something like boxed or bagged candy. 

Thanks!

Yes, there will be a document in your stateroom explaining how to sign-in to Voom.  I'd probably keep using land-based cellular data until the ship leaves port - it's much faster than Voon.

As for bringing food back on the ship, as long as it's sealed, then is' usually OK.  Mostly their concern is with "organic" things - candy is fine.  They are supposed to take any alcohol and return it on the last night, but YMMV with that.  

1 hour ago, ceo418 said:

We board Adventure of the Seas on Thursday! I just purchased a Voom surf and stream package for my husband to use on his phone. When will he be able to connect to that?

Also, are we allowed to bring purchased food back on board in American or Canadian ports? I'm thinking something like boxed or bagged candy. 

He will be able to connect to Voom only when on the ship. As soon as you board, he can work on getting connected. It's one device at a time, so you can share the 1-device package. 

Packaged candies are fine. We usually pick up some maple candies and such. Meats and cheeses,,, not so much. 

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We've been able to bring on fudge and pastries...Holy Donuts :classic_tongue:

It doesn't always need to be pre-packaged.

In Portland in years past, the terminal security agents were confiscating all the doughnuts.

I am SURE that their motivation was getting to EAT the doughnuts!

• Haha 3