Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

ENTERTAINMENT…..in short, NCL puts on the best entertainment at sea, bar none.

From the Main Theater performances I saw …

-Comedians

-Six

To the Main Atrium Performances (too many to mention)

To the band in Syd Normans (if you only see one show, the band in Syd’s is the one you want to see)

….In all my cruises, NCL has yet to be bested for entertainment.

The mention of other guests, as always, it’s the interface with other like minded cruisers is what makes cruises, IMHO!  This one was no exception.

I’ve been so very fortunate to have met, and cruised with many people who post on these boards.  All of them have been wonderful and have sincerely made me a better person by traveling with them.

Way too many to name here.  But, y’all know who you are.  Even those I haven’t met on a cruise, yet have taken the time to post here, I’m grateful.

Sincerest thanks!

I’ll have some misc comments and pics which I will post.  But, overall, I hope I’ve painted a picture of this cruise…the places, the entertainment, the excursions, the ship, the people….all of it, just great!  I’ll remember this one for a very long time.

To those I met, I hope we meet again, soon.  To those I didn’t meet, my sincerest wish is that we get the chance to meet on another cruise.  Aside from a couple of….well…ahem….unlikeable types (none or you, I’m sure), cruisers are the best!!!!!!

Thank you for your reviews and recaps. I can relive this great cruise of ours every time I reread your posts.

I agree that the band at Syd Norman's gave stellar performances on all five nights they performed. It wasn't just the music or just the singing, but also the chemistry and camaraderie and comedic elements between the performers which made the shows so enjoyable.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1

@graphicguy I have to agree about this being one of the best cruises I have ever been on. At least solo. I feel like the passengers really made it special with so many solos traveling. It was nice finally getting to cruise with my brother. It was nice having a lower number of passengers onboard. I definitely met some great people that made for some special memories. I would put this right up there with my first solo cruise, the Celebrity Equinox on her first sailing after the restart.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

@graphicguy I have to agree about this being one of the best cruises I have ever been on. At least solo. I feel like the passengers really made it special with so many solos traveling. It was nice finally getting to cruise with my brother. It was nice having a lower number of passengers onboard. I definitely met some great people that made for some special memories. I would put this right up there with my first solo cruise, the Celebrity Equinox on her first sailing after the restart.

Jamie, I totally agree with you as being one of the best cruises! I think having so many solos onboard made it special. I emailed Ed yesterday to thank him for the fun and laughs. 😅 He emailed me back that we have to cruise again as he had a lot of fun and he also met some great people! I forgot to ask you for your email so we can keep in touch and plan another cruise. If you still have his business card, email him. 🙂

Ted

• Like 2

15 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

Did you notice on embarkation day, the wrong announcement? After the wheelchair/disabled people boarded, it looked like the Haven people boarded. Then they announced the Platinum and above latitude members could board.  Before they started calling out boarding group numbers, they accidentally announced, all Gold, Silver and Bronze latitude members can board (of course that's everyone else). I happened to be sitting next to the boarding area, so I got up and starting walking through the line (confused at first), and the poor two employees said to each other how the announcement was wrong, and something about everyone will be boarding, it'll be a mad rush. I overheard them say just let them through and then stop letting anyone else through. I walked on, even though I had boarding group 4.

Does anyone know what happened afterwards? Did they start announcing by boarding group?

Yes. They made an announcement that the previous announcement was a mistake and that boarding would start with groups 1 and 2.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ESCARGO said:

Jamie, I totally agree with you as being one of the best cruises! I think having so many solos onboard made it special. I emailed Ed yesterday to thank him for the fun and laughs. 😅 He emailed me back that we have to cruise again as he had a lot of fun and he also met some great people! I forgot to ask you for your email so we can keep in touch and plan another cruise. If you still have his business card, email him. 🙂

Ted

Couldn't agree more.  I sail solo a lot, and this cruise was, by far, the best I've experienced for solos.  Personally, I see more and more cruises with more and more solos sailing.  I think we are growing in numbers.....LOL!