Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from graphicguy! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

graphicguy was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Pulled the trigger on this cruise just now.  Not live yet, but will provide pics upon embarkation.

Once again doing this solo.  Nice being retired.

Going to have to fly into one of the NYC airports.  Just not sure which one, yet.  Working on that currently.

Had $420 in FCC left over from a price drop.  The fare itself was a little under $900, all in (including "all for free").  So, subtracting the FCC, fare was right around $450 out of pocket.  But, my TA is picking up the gratuities.  Using my AMEX Platinum, they consider the Club Balcony Suite a "real" suite (albeit, not the Haven).  So, they're giving me $200 OBC plus dinner at LeBistro (and some sort of bottle of wine with dinner).  NCL is giving me another $75 OBC (which might be for being Sapphire Latitudes).  And, another $100 OBC for being an NCL stockholder.

Sapphire Latitudes gives me 2 fee specialty dinners.  "4 for Free" gives me two more Specialty dinners.  

All-in-all, I'm eating at Specialty Restaurants 5 of the 7 nites.  That works.

Pretty good deal!

Love end of season cruises.  You take a bit of a chance on the weather being cooler, but get a great fare in return.

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Pulled the trigger on this cruise just now.  Not live yet, but will provide pics upon embarkation.

Going to have to fly into one of the NYC airports.  Just not sure which one, yet.  Working on that currently.

Had $420 in FCC left over from a price drop.  The fare itself was a little under $900, all in (including "all for free").  So, subtracting the FCC, fare was right around $450 out of pocket.  But, my TA is picking up the gratuities.  Using my AMEX Platinum, they consider the Club Balcony Suite a "real" suite (albeit, not the Haven).  So, they're giving me $200 OBC plus dinner at LeBistro (and some sort of bottle of wine with dinner).  NCL is giving me another $75 OBC (which might be for being Sapphire Latitudes).  And, another $100 OBC for being an NCL stockholder.

Sapphire Latitudes gives me 2 fee specialty dinners.  "4 for Free" gives me two more Specialty dinners.  

Pretty good deal!

Love end of season cruises.  You take a bit of a chance on the weather being cooler, but get a great fare in return.

@graphicguy What a great post and I am so happy for you.  I recently did a Solo cruise on the NCL Joy and it was a lot of fun.  I have never done the New England/Canada cruise so I am so looking forward to hearing your thoughts.  I think is is brilliant what you did by waiting and getting a Club Balcony Suite.  I also think it is very educational that you shared how your lined up all your FCC, Fare, Specialty Meals and leveraging your American Express Perks.

I will be on the NCL Breakaway out of New Orleans in 80 days.  I have cruised on the NCL Getaway so I kind of know the ship size and layout.  I really like these ships and I truly enjoyed the Club Balcony Suite. Again, looking forward for your updates.  Thank you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 3

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite
1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@graphicguy What a great post and I am so happy for you.  I recently did a Solo cruise on the NCL Joy and it was a lot of fun.  I have never done the New England/Canada cruise so I am so looking forward to hearing your thoughts.  I think is is brilliant what you did by waiting and getting a Club Balcony Suite.  I also think it is very educational that you shared how your lined up all your FCC, Fare, Specialty Meals and leveraging your American Express Perks.

I will be on the NCL Breakaway out of New Orleans in 80 days.  I have cruised on the NCL Getaway so I kind of know the ship size and layout.  I really like these ships and I truly enjoyed the Club Balcony Suite. Again, looking forward for your updates.  Thank you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Thanks, Gary.  I’m debating trying your Haven “Lite” plan.  Torn between reveling in the little monetary output vs using the savings to upgrade to Vibe.

Haven is sold out, so probably won’t bid on an upgrade!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks, Gary.  I’m debating trying your Haven “Lite” plan.  Torn between reveling in the little monetary output vs using the savings to upgrade to Vibe.

I absolutely loved the Vibe especially as a solo.    You did the right thing with specialty Restaurant's.  All. Did different was I did the Free at sea plus.  You have a perfect plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be on there also me and my girlfriend booked it because it was the cheapest Haven 

that how we pick our itinerary what ever week that matches our vacation and has a Haven

is the one we pick 

If you follow JamieLogical l she's my sister I'm the one that roped her into this cruise 

She's coming back to the dark side from Celebrity

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jhoover69 said:

I'll be on there also me and my girlfriend booked it because it was the cheapest Haven 

that how we pick our itinerary what ever week that matches our vacation and has a Haven

is the one we pick 

If you follow JamieLogical l she's my sister I'm the one that roped her into this cruise 

How cool.  Hope to see you on board.  I love Jamie’s reviews, BTW!  I do like Celebrity.  They had some great deals last year during Spring/Summer when they were starting back up.

Now, Celebrity has really upped their fares.  Doesn’t make them bad…just more expensive.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

We are eyeing this cruise as well...we just got back from a glorious 9 days on the Getaway, but I still have an excess of vacation time left over, and the price is so, so right.

We could make this an all CC cruise!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

We could make this an all CC cruise!!!!!

Yes! And the M&G would actually consist of people from CruiseCritic instead of That Other Site. 🤣

Edited by dcipjr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, graphicguy said:

As a native and lifelong New Yorker, I wouldn't suggest the vibe for a late October/ early November cruise.  It might be chilly on deck.   I would do a thermal spa pass instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Pretty good deal!

I can't believe that after all of our NCL and Celebrity adventures, we are finally ending up on the same sailing!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jhoover69 said:

is the one we pick 

I wouldn't say "back to the dark side", as that sounds kind of permanent. I am just making a very brief stop on the dark side. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, JamieLogical said:

I can't believe that after all of our NCL and Celebrity adventures, we are finally ending up on the same sailing!

No kidding?  

Yeah…we’ve kind of gone around and around with the NCL foibles after their hiccups during the restart, and then flirting with Celebrity.

This is going to be fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

As a native and lifelong New Yorker, I wouldn't suggest the vibe for a late October/ early November cruise.  It might be chilly on deck.   I would do a thermal spa pass instead.

Big thanks!  I was wondering that myself.  Appreciate you chiming in.  Looking at the thermal spa right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Big thanks!  I was wondering that myself.  Appreciate you chiming in.  Looking at the thermal spa right now.

The spa is stupidly expensive on this sailing, but I am going to have to pull the trigger. One thing I do miss on Celebrity is the Breakaway/Breakaway+ Thermal Spas, so I am not going to pass up the chance to use one again and on a cold weather cruise, it will be very nice to have access.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The spa is stupidly expensive on this sailing, but I am going to have to pull the trigger. One thing I do miss on Celebrity is the Breakaway/Breakaway+ Thermal Spas, so I am not going to pass up the chance to use one again and on a cold weather cruise, it will be very nice to have access.

I’m stuck between seeing how little I can spend to do this cruise vs using the money I’ve saved to get all the goodies.  We shall see.  

Are you in the Haven, too?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m stuck between seeing how little I can spend to do this cruise vs using the money I’ve saved to get all the goodies.  We shall see.  

Are you in the Haven, too?

Nope. Like you, I am all in for about $450 right now. I had $500 of CruiseFirst that I had intended to let expire and then with no solo supplement and the cruise fare being so cheap, I couldn't resist. Plus, I was supposed to cruise with my brother the week that cruising shut down for COVID and so now I am finally going to get to do it!

• Like 3