Cheers "start time" all like Texas?? Soda question too!

tweak89

We have a VIFP offer that includes Cheers/Bottomless Bubbles and I was curious if the Cheers program started at 6am day after departure for ports outside of Texas??  We're looking at super cheap itineraries departing from Florida and California ports.  Also, with bottomless bubbles I know that Carnival is Pepsi (YUCK!!!) but they have Dr Pepper at least for departures from Galveston, do they do this for other ports too?

Texas and New York are the only states where you have to wait till the next day to use Cheers, all other as soon as you step in the ship it is in effect. As for Dr Pepper I know Galveston and New Orleans will have Dr Pepper on their ships. Maybe since Carnival is using Pepsi as a vendor they all will carry Dr Pepper. 

• Like 1

Since Cheers does not start until the next day out of TX does that also include soda?   We may have to think about bringing on a few cans of diet coke for the wife so she can get through the first day without going through withdrawal for her addiction.

3 hours ago, iria64 said:

Since Cheers does not start until the next day out of TX does that also include soda?   We may have to think about bringing on a few cans of diet coke for the wife so she can get through the first day without going through withdrawal for her addiction.

Since you aren't paying for Cheers for the first day you will need to pay for any beverage on the first day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, firedisney97 said:

keep in mind that in FL/CA Cheers starts when you board the ship but you will pay sales tax on the drinks while you are in a US Port (around .50-.75/drink)  also if you have port stops in Key West, San Juan and I believe St. Thomas you pay sales tax on drinks in port

This is true for all drink purchases cheers or not.  And yes, includes St Thomas.