Ocean Medallion and Medallion Net

travellingnana

Is my Medallion Net order tied to my Ocean Medallion?  They've already shipped my medallion.  If I opt to upgrade now to the 4 device Medallion Net plan will it be recognized on the ship, or will I have to spend time at customer service/Ocean Navigators getting it to work?  Thought Id ask the people who know things before I try chat.  😊 

No connection other than the confusing similarity in terms.  The physical medallion is simply used to open your cabin door, scan you off and back on the boat and order various items either by flagging down a waiter or via the app.  Medallion Net is generally considered to be "the internet" package, should you choose to have one.

Your 4-device plan *should* already be in place when you board if you pre-purchase.  The system should just automatically recognize that you are to be allowed 4 devices.

22 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Is my Medallion Net order tied to my Ocean Medallion?  They've already shipped my medallion.  If I opt to upgrade now to the 4 device Medallion Net plan will it be recognized on the ship, or will I have to spend time at customer service/Ocean Navigators getting it to work?  Thought Id ask the people who know things before I try chat.  😊 

There is no data held on the physical medallion.  It is electronically tied to your account so when there are any changes (room changes, beverage pkgs added, etc) it will be seamless.